Investing

5 Books You MUST Read In Your 20s

5-books-you-must-read-in-your-20s

Free Audible Credit: https://ryanoscribner.com/audible
There are 5 books that stand out to me as the ones that have had the biggest impact in my 20s. Not only are these related to money, but they also cover mindset, relationships and spirituality. I believe everyone would benefit from reading these books in their twenties.

#1 – Think And Grow Rich: https://amzn.to/3arSTJf
#2 – 5 Love Languages: https://amzn.to/38jtLCZ
#3 – 1984: https://amzn.to/39sbDrW
#4 – 4 Hour Work Week: https://amzn.to/39rvmIy
#5 – Way Of The Peaceful Warrior: https://amzn.to/2POfhEW

___

DISCLAIMER: Ryan Scribner, including but not limited to any guests appearing in his videos, are not financial/investment advisors, brokers, or dealers. They are solely sharing their personal experience and opinions; therefore, all strategies, tips, suggestions, and recommendations shared are solely for entertainment purposes. There are financial risks associated with investing, and Ryan Scribner’s results are not typical; therefore, do not act or refrain from acting based on any information conveyed in this video, webpage, and/or external hyperlinks. For investment advice please seek the counsel of a financial/investment advisor(s); and conduct your own due diligence.

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this webpage are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase and/or subscribe. However, this does not impact our opinions and comparisons.

HOLDINGS DISCLOSURE: https://ryanoscribner.com/holdings

1. slashd
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Add '7 Habits of Highly Effective People' to this list. It also has a chapter about helping people in a way they understand

2. Move
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I listen to audiobooks as well changed my life n reading habits …

3. Shawn Clark
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Is that an intentional phallic symbol over his shoulder?

4. Shemar Love

Coronavirus. Using fear to control the main population 1984 is wow

5. Brendan Quinn
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Met Dan, maybe have to listen on audible

6. Dr Youtube
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

The one good thing covid has taught me was the time to read more books

7. Grow with Will - Level Up Your Business Skills
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Eh, Think and Grow Rich was written by a sham. Look up Hill’s real story to learn about it.

I also thought Four Hour Work Week was overrated. $100 Startup was far more actionable.

8. Make The Most
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Thank you for the content man. I really like your channel. 🙂

9. Travis Wilson
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Listening to an audio book shouldn’t count as reading. It’s not even remotely similar. Thumbs down

10. Michael Bird
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

It speaks volumes on the mainsteam thought on love that you say we'd laugh at the five love languages. At the company i work for we actually go out of our way to learn everyones love language because of how much better everything is when you are speaking to each individual the way they listen best

11. Adam Frank
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I finally sat down and read Think And Grow Rich. It's a title that comes up a lot. There are some interesting gems and quotable quotes in here. A few points:

1) I get that it's from 1937. But there is some unnecessarily racial language in here that basically adds nothing to the premise of the book.

2) There's an entire chapter devoted to him hallucinating conversations with dead celebrities, in which his best friend is Abraham Lincoln?

3) It reads like the dude was on drugs most of the time he wrote this book. Was he drinking a lot of Coca-Cola before they dropped the coca, or something?

I checked the box and highlighted the interesting quotes. But I do not feel as though I found the secret to wealth that the author insisted I'd find.

12. TheEspnOcho

Damn. I’m watching this Video in my 30s. If only I was
    In my 20s… Doh!!!!

13. Mbell R.
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

O!!!! you're the sweetest guy ever! I really appreciate this video b/c I can see the type of character and heart you have. It's not all about money and I'm glad you are down to earth as young as you are. God bless you always. We need more like you.

14. Pierce Jordan - Investing
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Readers are leaders! Awesome video, Ryan!

15. Jacobby Jones
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Congratulations on the 6 month Nautilus option. That was a good pick.

16. Klinsmann Hotspur
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

@Ryan Scribner  could u say something on SHLL?

17. Ali Hadi

Hi there!

Heard about the new digital crypto "Yem"? crypto coin created for the people which is launched in the late 2017 is backed by many great international projects and companies, is now about to hit the barrel. We all know that we are gradually heading to a digital world! Do not waste your time.. Those who doubted bitcoin are now having a regret of their lives, and those who accepted and trusted it then are what they are now! As at 18th of June, 2020 it is $0.908 USD per YEM… It is still not too late, but the story will definitely change after they launch their exchanger on 1st of July, 2020. Yes, less than 2 week from now. You still have the opportunity to join for FREE and grab 20 yems for joining… Still waiting? This is just an opportunity which do not come twice. Those who joined earlier during the initial coin offering are now smiling…
    Join now! Have a bright future, YEM is different. It is 100% secured!

To join simply go to: http://www.safe.zone/1000946662 and sign up with your email, you will get your pernum as simple as that.. And then set up a 6-digit masterpin which will be shuffled whenever you want to login.. Then go to http://www.pernum.com/1000946662 and go to wallet, there you will be verified and have access to your free wallet in which you will see your 20 yems.. you will be able to earn more and more by participating in their activities, staying active… You can also invest, and you will have access to many of the safezone projects and websites for free, shop online, read ebooks, prize draws, and many more…

Do not forget that Yem is here to be 'Your Everyday Money'.. You can now use your yem as a medium of exchange. The future is knocking. Do not let distractors distract and destroy you. Be wise, I repeat be WISE.

18. Jayla W.

1984.. I must say say, #puretruth

19. Jules Élan
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

LOL, "1984" was about the Soviet Union, not a prediction of the future. Orwell was writing it during Stalin's regime. Seriously, it's kinda embarrassing that you didn't even get that. Where did you think "proles" came from?..

20. Philip K
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Top 5 finance/money/business/etc. ?

21. The Silver Line

This is uncomfortable……How about top books to read in your 40's. Early 40's, 😆😆

22. Deus Novus

Great video!
    Love your honesty and I liked that new style you used to explain your points 🙂

23. Christopher Uhl - 10 Minute Stock Trader
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Great video Ryan, thanks for sharing!

24. Arturo Rentería
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Thank you, I'm about to buy a pair of books for this month, now I have good suggestions. Great channel!

25. Make / Save / Invest
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

They have more time and use it to grow their knowledge!! Amazing!!

26. Kevin van Dorst
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I like your channel, but this Book BS is just garbage.

27. James

Career Warfare by D’Alessandro

28. Saikat Mondal
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Make more investment videos.

29. Brian Ostman
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

What are your opinions on the current accuracy of 1984?

30. James Perry
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

An easier read than Napoleon Hill's 1937 "Think and Grow Rich" is Charles Richard's "The Psychology of Wealth: Understand Your Relationship with Money and Achieve Prosperity." Key is the principle that to get from life, we must give back to life.

Regarding the 80/20 rule, major on the majors, not the minors—which in my own experience is easier said than done.

Funny how those spiritual guides and mentors seem to show up in the most common and unexpected places.

31. Toda Gloria para Dios

Thanks, God bless you 🙏😍

32. Ali a.
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Thanks Ryan these are worth reading of course, all the best! You guys vote for Trump because Sleepy Joe Biden is stupid

33. Kathy volpe-schaffer
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I read "1984' 2 years ago & it was frightening to me bc I took away from that book the realization of how evil & greedy people & governments can be; I.e. Hitler!!! I thought it was written immediately post WWII Nazi Germany and how fearful people were & how much mental suffering & fear people In Europe endured under the Nazi /Hitler regime. It was a page turner for me& I finished the book in 1 week!

34. Zhao Ming
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I would say these books are inadequate. Don't put limitation onto yourself. Explore more and go further.

35. dingdong
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I recommend The Righteous Mind from Jonathan Haidt. It's about the foundations of morality and explains the why people have differences in what's right and wrong. It really helped me to understand and communicate with people who are very different from myself

36. Neil Baker
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

"The Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged," by Ayn Rand.
    "The Captive Mind" by Czeslaw Milosz
    "Non-Violence: the History of a Dangerous Idea" by Mark Kurlansky
    "The Last Temptation of Christ" by Nikos Kazantzakis
    "Lost Face" and "To Build a Fire" by Jack London
    "The Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant" by U.S. Grant
    "Howard Hughes and His Flying Boat" by Charles Barton
    "Dr. Eckener's Dream Machine" by Douglas Botting
    "Voyage of the Beagle" by Charles Darwin
    "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
    "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk

37. TheMCLord64
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Who can't read books? I can, and I can help you with that:> look at my fiverr and see what I can do for youu:>>

38. Justin Ballew

I’m in my 30’s though….

39. Charles Johnson
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

You should also read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

40. Tyler Lloyd
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Excellent list! Trying to think what I’d add: Walden, Simple Path to Wealth, Ishmael, Man’s Search for Meaning, and The Alchemist.

41. Samurai

rich dad poor dad

42. findmads
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

If you say you read a lot – more than the average person – but really just listens to audio books while working out, you don't really know the benefits of reading. Sorry, but it's probably true.

43. LitCheck
    July 14, 2021 at 7:49 pm

This is a wonderful version of a books list. I appreciate the lessons learned