Equifax, TransUnion, Credit Karma, Borrowell: Should you trust your credit score? (Marketplace)

equifax-transunion-credit-karma-borrowell-should-you-trust-your-credit-score-marketplace

It’s easier than ever to check your credit score online but is there a catch? We ask three people to check their scores on Credit Karma, TransUnion, Equifax, and Borrowell. The results might surprise you.

»»» Subscribe to CBC News to watch more videos: http://bit.ly/1RreYWS

Connect with CBC News Online:

For breaking news, video, audio and in-depth coverage: http://bit.ly/1Z0m6iX
Find CBC News on Facebook: http://bit.ly/1WjG36m
Follow CBC News on Twitter: http://bit.ly/1sA5P9H
For breaking news on Twitter: http://bit.ly/1WjDyks
Follow CBC News on Instagram: http://bit.ly/1Z0iE7O

Download the CBC News app for iOS: http://apple.co/25mpsUz
Download the CBC News app for Android: http://bit.ly/1XxuozZ

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
For more than 75 years, CBC News has been the source Canadians turn to, to keep them informed about their communities, their country and their world. Through regional and national programming on multiple platforms, including CBC Television, CBC News Network, CBC Radio, CBCNews.ca, mobile and on-demand, CBC News and its internationally recognized team of award-winning journalists deliver the breaking stories, the issues, the analyses and the personalities that matter to Canadians.

1. Kim White
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

FICO are the only scores that used not sure why the others matter…

2. Roller Coaster
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

car dealerships base not on the credit score they base it how well your making payments on your cards, if you have several items that are in debt collections on your credit report you would need to take care of that first or they wont lend!!

3. Torriana Shorter
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

I thought companies just use the three major credit companies. So why would it matter using a company that they won’t really use??

4. Bruns Bynum
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

The precious answer equally trot because gymnast amazingly flash aside a cooing candle. same, pastoral software

5. eddye royal
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

I am closing o a home in the Mansfield, TX (USA). I was told how it works by the people and the actual date when it’s pulled

6. Kane KY
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

Its not even the same card they all have diffrent features and limit

7. Sajjedah Dewji
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

Followed Alex & got out of debt, built an emergency fund and then more savings and eventually starting my own business. Now it’s time to seriously invest! Time waits for no one! I swear it feels like I graduated HS yesterday 😂 (28 years old) lol but I have more than enough time! I was in the dumps via credit, owed $44k in card debts and 97k in student loans and really couldn’t afford anymore Tried Lexington law a while back and that was just a mistake My cousin referred me to 850creditrestoration🟡net I’m intrigued by their honesty and service

8. Sajjedah Dewji

9. Sajjedah Dewji

10. Brad Carver
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

After a recent post encouraging a low scoring forum member to be hopeful, several people have asked me how I got score from 426 to the 799 today. Hard work, patience, as well as asking many questions on this forum, have been my salvation. Not to say I haven’t slipped – I got so excited a few weeks ago when my score hit 799, and applied for a chase Auto Loan and amex 30k limit credit card (it was my birthday), and my score started slipping downward because of those new inquiries. I need not to beat myself up over those decisions, but oh well, you can’t change the past. To set things up, I have been in close contact with Jack of 850CREDITRESTORATION🟡NET on google who has never failed me since i knew him, i get loans and more benefits without having to worry.

11. Brad Carver

12. Brad Carver

13. sri nidhi moily
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

Thank you for the great advice and I love your energy! Yes, since pandemic actually made me slow down from working so much and focus more on my persona business. My credit is terrible due to personal situations and neglecting my bills to help my daughter pay for law school. It is my turn! I have been three credit cards and have one more to pay. I have a collections for a medical bill and I am grateful that you mentioned to give them a call and ask for a deletion letter. My main problem are the student loans. The pandemic saved me from having my check garnished from student loans. Long story cut short, 850CREDITRESTORATION🟡NET came to my rescue when needed, I saw some reviews from some women about them online and I went straight to their website to make a request, I'm glad I did cus they delivered at speculated time and all derogatory items in my reports was removed permanently, I am sitting on the 800 score today, thanks guys

14. sri nidhi moily

15. sri nidhi moily

16. marina jerome
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

Expungement is also only once in a lifetime per state. So once you expunge once, you can’t do it again. Also, if your case can’t be expunged, it might be able to get “sealed”. Expunged = file destroyed from the court system & public system forever. Sealed = Destroyed only from public record , you can reach out to 850CREDITRESTORATION🟡NET for the best expungement service, you will nevr regret using their srvice

17. marina jerome

18. marina jerome

19. martha antoine
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

This gives me hope and motivation on the possibilities of owning a home. I am also a single mother. This video demonstrates how women can do it on their own. In my case, it seems impossible since My Credit got Low which always discourage and disqualified me applying for home. So I'm not sure if this nonprofit organization works internationally by helping single mothers or those whose dream to own a home, But i never give up trying ways to increase my credit and clear those negative items I met 850CREDITRESTORATION ⨀NeT , who wiped off negative items and increase my credit score to Excellent am a house owner thanks

20. martha antoine

21. martha antoine

22. martha antoine
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

This gives me hope and motivation on the possibilities of owning a home. I am also a single mother. This video demonstrates how women can do it on their own. In my case, it seems impossible since My Credit got Low which always discourage and disqualified me applying for home. So I'm not sure if this nonprofit organization works internationally by helping single mothers or those whose dream to own a home, But i never give up trying ways to increase my credit and clear those negative items I met 850CREDITRESTORATION ⨀NeT, who wiped off negative items and increase my credit score to Excellent am a house owner thanks

23. prerana chakrabarti
    July 10, 2021 at 3:53 am

My credit score was in tatters back in 2015 after I moved abroad to work.Both the electric company and internet provider kept charging me for another 6 months after moving out, and I stupidly left no contact info for them.I remember calling the internet provider and even physically going to their site to drop off their equipment. They knew full well my rent contract was finished and I was leaving the country. I also contacted the electric company and made sure they knew my rental contract was finished.I didn't even bother checking my credit score or even getting a credit card for a couple years, since I could afford everything with cash and I wasn't very knowledgeable about any of that. One day, I check my experian because I figured it was time to start being an adult, and find I have 2 collections on file lol.Long story short, it was a nightmare to dispute the collections across multiple credit report files and rebuild my credit. but all thanks goes to Alex of 850CREDITRESTORATION🟡NET best recommendations for any issue relating to credit repairs

24. prerana chakrabarti