Debt Free

Money Monday 24: Should I consolidate debt? -$16,884

money-monday-24-should-i-consolidate-debt-16884

Money Monday 24: Should I consolidate debt? -$16,884 – Latest News Today

Also, credit, irregular income budgeting and pocket money!
More Money Mondays/ Finance Fridays: https://goo.gl/1hjvR8

Video resources:
CapitalOn3360: https://r.capitalone360.com/Rb8n5JJMwF
Dave on consolidation: https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/debt-consolidation-truth/

Questions answered in this video:
Donna Galvan 2 hours ago
Congradulations on your two year anniversary on you tube..Love watching your videos, look forward to watching them..I have a savings question for you, the Capital One 360, can you name your savings account, like clothing, car, vacation, etc if so How do you do that on line..I watched you tube videos on the Capital One 360, I don’t know if there is a place to name them..I’m interested, but not sure yet…Thanks…

Amithity 80 1 day ago
Great Video! & Awesome job paying down your debt πŸ™‚ I started my debt free journey 5 months ago and that is also the time I stumbled upon your youtube channel! I had no idea you had started your journey 2 yrs ago! My debt free date is 31 months from now. Question… You said in this video that surprisingly your credit score is great as you pay down your debt.. is that because you are leaving your credit card accounts open and not closing them or is this debt mostly student loans?

anthony bonner 5 days ago
OH yea, did you ever check out Til Debt do us part? (I think you asked about it before). Brandi in GA.

nikki masters 5 days ago
Hey there I’m hoping you can help, I’m a young mumma living in a destination location in Australia goldcoast which basically means everything is expensive an the prospect of moving is nil due to shared custody which is fine sort of I’ve been getting a fixed check from the government ever second week that covers my expense without a shadow of a doubt I had just what I needed inclusive of 1200 a month rent child care debt payments food and etc. my sons father pays me directly assistance for our son basically his share towards his savings clothing and child care, however this is only when he has work and isnt a always sort of deal eg I got a pay from him ever week for 8 weeks but his been out if work for over 8 weeks again so I never actual budget this income but I’ve just gain casual work which will be weekly payments, my question to you though it’s long winded is how can I redo my budgeting formatting from once a month as it was to – once a week plus once a fortnight because I will still be getting supplemental pay… How can I make sure nothing falls through the cracks an each bill is thought if and accounted for

Deana-kaye Clarke 5 days ago
Hey, So I have a credit card debt, student loan and a personal. I want to take out a debt consolidation loan and pay off and pay off all three and just pay that one loan. I want t do that because the longerΒ I take to pay off that loan the more interest it grows.Β What advise can you give me on that one?

Schnauzer Mom 6 days ago
Once you are “Debt Free” do you think you will double/triple your pocket money??

Meg P 5 days ago
Hey, Budget Girl! Once your debt is paid and you have room in your budget for more fun money, do you think you’ll still feel guilty for spending it? Will there have to be a certain amount in your savings before you’ll be able to spend freely without hesitation? I’m 24-yrs-old and I have very little debt and a nice income. I try to justify my spending by thinking that when I’m older, I’ll be married, have children and a house, and it won’t be so easy/convenient for me to pick up and travel at my leisure.

Sarah Capria 5 days ago
BG… Murphy got in my home… On Saturday while putting groceries up my husband dropped a can opener on the smooth top stove and cracked all the left side burnersπŸ˜‘ I am stove less… I do have an emergency fund that would cover a new stove ($800) aprox but…. I also don’t cook so much… Only like on a weekend basis… Is just me and him and we mostly eat out or quick food and easy to make… The 2 right burners are intact… But I still have a safety concern to use it… Also I guess I could use the oven… And maybe sinking fund an envelope for a new stove… What do you recommend????? Help?

P.O. Box: Budget Girl P.O. Box 1231 Mena, AR 71953
Facebook: http://facebook.com/budgetgirlyoutube
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gobudgetgirl/

Thanks for watching the Money Monday 24: Should I consolidate debt? -$16,884 video!

Watch the Money Monday 24: Should I consolidate debt? -$16,884 video on Youtube

1. Elizabeth
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

To the last question, we found our stove at a second hand shop that does guarantees up to a year, and we paid less than $200 for an almost brand new stove. It's been 2 years and going strong. I completely agree with you that you don't need to spend $800 to replace!

2. nikki masters

thankyou !!
    at the end of may I will let you know how I go !!

3. Diane Smith
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

The little lights on stove is called pilot lite good job on you food love your oatmeal eat it as snack

4. Amber Jones
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

So, I have a question, Sarah. I am about 2 months away from being debt free (yay!) but as I keep getting closer to that goal (it's been about 6 years of frugal living), I feel this need to not be as strict with my finances and want to spend money on things I know I don't need! I'm following the Dave Ramsey plan and am committed to it. I have a plan to save 3-6 months (or more) of living expenses after I've paid off my debt. But, after SO many years of paying off debt, this feeling keeps creeping up that I want to give myself "a break". What advice would you give?

5. Kamini Naik
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Hey BG. Congrats on your 2 year anni. We had an iPad and did not want to spend money on a laptop. So we just bought a mouse and a keypad .. Those flimsy foldable ones. And it works perfectly fine. I am sure you can connect your laptop to a keyboard and make it work instead of spending the money on a new one. Hope that helps. Take care. God bless.

6. KimGGetsFit
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Hey BG! Mentioned you in my what I watch for fun collab video! Ps: this is @kim614 from IG. Lol http://youtu.be/kPPUtrLNvvo

7. Julie Fox
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Thank you for the Congratulations Shout Out! That means a lot to me and made me feel super special. :). You are well on your way to debt freedom too!!!! Yours is an extra big win though because your journey is helping tons of other people along the way. Keep on rockin'!

8. Xezsty
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Love your site and how real you are. You make me smile. What site did you say you like to shop for clothes?

9. paula lucas
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Happy anniversary! Another great video!

10. MsLadyL
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Hi! May I ask for additional prayer ( from you and your viewers) for a new job that will fit in with my goals and with the Father's will and desire for me in mind. Thanks! Good job on the progress and working towards debt. I desire to do the same once I can get a new job. You've grown so much…may the Father continue to bless the work of your hands. πŸ™‚

11. Aimee Finch
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

I love the happy wagging tail.

12. Mamaluvs2craft Alder
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Great video, you're such a smart woman. I am so glad I found these videos. I am such a loser with money. lol. I have 10,000 dollars of credit card debt that I STUPIDLY consolidated. kicking myself now. I felt overwhelmed and now I have 5 years to pay it off. My plan is to send an extra payment when I can towards the loan. I'm also paying for a house and truck πŸ™ any advice for me? I have learned a lot from your videos and plan on applying. it. I am getting ready to sit down and write out a budget. Our emergency fund had 1000 in it but our water heater bit the dust so we had to get into it. Now we have to build it back up. Feels like a sinking hole that just gets deeper.

13. cs6510

@budgetgirl
    there's episodes of till debit do us part
    (her other show is princess)
    on you tube πŸ™‚

14. Candyelion
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

We had a huge debt win this week! We have been in a 6 month long court battle because our Pug was attacked by a giant dog and almost didn't make it, when it happened we put about $1500 on credit cards (a week after our debt free wedding, so we were already tight with the budget), but we had no option, a $2500 emergency surgery ($1000 out of baby step 1, $1500 credit card) but FINALLY, we won our case and was awarded all of the money! And since we already rebuilt up our baby step 1, all of that went to debt! That felt so so good!!! Such a huge weight and stress off of us newly weds. Now we have under $5000 credit card debt and it feels so good! We have a plan to be credit card debt free by our 1 year anniversary! It's only the tip of the iceberg for us but it feels good to get this stuff out of the way early on and before we have kids and a mortgage and whatnot πŸ™‚

15. Crys5066
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

i've run into a bit of a snag with saving an emergency fund. part of my income (the part that is always guaranteed no matter what) doesn't allow me to save any money without being cut off. And keeping cash in my home is a horrible idea. Should i get another physical credit card (I still have account, I just destroyed the card), or try something find something else?

16. Kristen Basore
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Hi BudgetGirl! I felt the need to tell you that your emergency fund advice was invaluable to me these last 7 days. I am an actor working/budgeting on an inconsistent income and once we hit the new year, I became very disciplined to save 25% of my left over income after paying fixed expenses into an emergency fund. This habit paid off last week, when a dental bill almost matching the cost of my studio apartment found it's way into my life. I have regular health insurance but not dental and needed a few things done. This $800 bill would have set me back 4 months ago, but because I stumbled upon your videos last December while searching ways to get ahead financially, I took the bill, had a minute of rage and anger, and then paid it off without looking back. Granted, my emergency fund is now long gone, but I am so thankful to have taken your advice. It did sting at times this year when I wanted to use that extra income on other things, but I made it work and it seriously paid off (pun intended), sooner than I expected. I'm happy to say that I am still on my financial track and that is largely to do with you and the advice you provide on this channel. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to put together these videos! While I am not currently in debt, living on inconsistent income feels like I could fall into it at any point in time. Please continue to share your knowledge and journey with us – I look forward to the day I see $0 next to one of your videos!

A most sincere Thank You!

Kristen

17. Diana Maggard
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Giiiiirl close those accounts! It'll be a nightmare if someone uses one of those fraudulently. Just for your piece of mind, get rid of them πŸ™‚

18. Cranberry Essential Tarot
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Consider the laptop a business expense. Doesn't mean you need to go crazy with it, but you can do it this way.

19. Dominica L
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

If you could work in any company in any city, what would that be? Love your videos! Have a great dag!!!

20. Maureen Cairney
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Just noticed you are sitting below $17,000 now, congratulations..

21. Rachel M

YouTube page – Gail Vaz-Oxlade

22. Just Sarah
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Thanks BG! Stove has been unplugged and a Tech will come see it this week, he thinks he can replace the smooth top for around $250 which is better than $800 for a new one ! Hope this works out for us! So far it's been salads and sandwiches lol πŸ˜‹

23. Miriam Jimenez
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Hi budget girl πŸ™‚ my husband and I will become debt free this week after years of debt from credit cards and "normal"purchases…. This feeling is worth the sacrifices. Keep up the good work, love your videos πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

24. Dana Sears
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

I used to work at Belk and just so you know, after your Belk card isn't used in a year they close it for you.

25. Living Weird Esther C
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

We had accounts closed just because I had not used them in years.

26. Maria Quesada
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Most of the people that consolidate loans end up filling up their credit cards again and owe double the amount

27. Lindsay's Life
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

you should totally be in finances,career wise. I would totally go to you…

28. Becky Holbrook
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

NBC nightly news had a story on last Thursday about a new internet site for refinancing student loans. Average savings of 37%. On NBC, so hopefully legit. It's called "Credible". I have not looked it up myself, but shared the info with my daughter. Thought some people on here could benefit.

29. Elizabeth B
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

creditkarma.com is an excellent (free) site if you decide you want to look into your consumer credit accounts further. The site offers a pretty good summary of open/closed credit accounts, balances owed, and contact information for the credit holders. (PS I'm not an affiliate, just been using it for years.)

Life or Debt is so addictive!

Federal Consolidation makes student loan repayments so much simpler (in my opinion). I did the interest-rate math and I broke even when I consolidated, actually I "gained" 0.25% because I switched to auto-debit after I consolidated.

30. Sonia Galvez
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Congrats on getting below $17K!

31. Tosha Renee
    July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Hi, I know you always talk about Capital One for your sinking funds so I decided to go to their website to check it out. I was reading some reviews and so many of them were saying it can take around 7 days for their money to become available after they deposit it. I understand that its to save up for future expenses, but have you ever had a situation where you needed to use the money and it was not available? Thanks! I recently stumbled upon your channel and have been binge watching lol. You seem like such a sweet genuine person and I'm learning so much from your videos!