Investing

My Problem Spending Money

my-problem-spending-money

Here is exactly why I save so much money, along with my beliefs and philosophies on spending, personal finance and investing long term – Enjoy! Add me on Instagram: GPStephan

LIMITED TIME: Get 3 FREE STOCKS ON WEBULL when you deposit $100 (Valued up to $1600): https://act.webull.com/k/Vowbik9Tm5he/main

JOIN THE WEEKLY MENTORSHIP – https://the-real-estate-agent-academy.teachable.com/p/graham-stephan-mentorship-program/

THE NEW PODCAST: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMSYZVlQmyG8_2MkIKzg0kw

The YouTube Creator Academy:
Learn EXACTLY how to get your first 1000 subscribers on YouTube, rank videos on the front page of searches, grow your following, and turn that into another income source: https://bit.ly/2STxofv $100 OFF WITH CODE 100OFF

My ENTIRE Camera and Recording Equipment:

Here’s what I’ve realized, money is, at it’s core, really good at giving you OPTIONS. For me, it was the option of NOT needing to take work that I didn’t thoroughly like. I had the OPTION to pursue the endeavors I found the mot fulfilling and meaningful. I had the option to SAY NO to things that didn’t align with my priorities, and that – in turn – meant I could focus on what I was most excited about, and when that happened – oddly enough, I ended up making more money as a byproduct of thoroughly enjoying what I do, because that gave me the motivation to continue pushing even further.

That would NEVER have been possible had I built a life of high overhead, excessive spending, and luxury that I never needed in the first place, because that’s NOT the most effective way for money to be used – and by living really frugally and saving nearly everything I made, this type of choice became possible. From my experience, the REAL enjoyment doesn’t come from buying things…it just comes from having the OPTION to buy them, if you wanted to.

And no, this isn’t to say that I don’t spend money on anything…because that’s absolutely not the case….I now treat myself to sushi twice a month. BUT, that’s why I do my best to ONLY spend the money I make from my investments, and if there’s something I want one day…I’ll make sure I have enough invested to completely pay for it, otherwise…I’ll just continue saving.

That’s how, over time – I’ve gradually started spending a little more money and increasing my lifestyle, and then I can continue my current lifestyle of re-investing everything else, so that the investments can support whatever OTHER endeavors I choose for the future.

Because I totally believe it’s ok to spend more money, to do nicer things, to accumulate more “stuff,” and to give in to a moderate amount of lifestyle inflation…IF it’s something that’s sustainable. And for me, stepping it up a little bit each year is totally fine as my investments grow in value and throw off a little more income. As long as I keep my spending at THAT level, I’m ok with it.

By structuring my spending this way, I know my current level of spending is sustainable – and knowing that, it gives me the freedom to continue working on whatever I enjoy the most, and having the OPTION to pursue whatever I’d like – even if it isn’t the most financially lucrative.

Now, in terms of HOW I SPEND MY money…lately, my mindset has begun to shift;

For the first time in my entire life, I’ve begun to prioritize “buying back my time” – in the sense that, now, I can hire an editor on my second channel so that it frees up more time during the day to focus on here. I was able to happy to pay him as a driver so I can edit my main channel videos on the go. I’ve begun to realize that there’s only so much I can do on my own – and by outsourcing work, I have my time back to continue growing and expanding in ways that just weren’t possible before. To me, buying “back my time” is more important than any car, house, or “thing” that I could buy – because time is something that really is priceless.

So that’s why I save pretty much everything I make, while only spending what my investments make – because that gives me the most choice as to what I do day to day. And today, my choice is to ask you for a second time to smash that like button 🙂

For business or one-on-one real estate investing/real estate agent consulting inquiries, you can reach me at GrahamStephanBusiness@gmail.com

*Some of the links and other products that appear on this video are from companies which Graham Stephan will earn an affiliate commission or referral bonus. Graham Stephan is part of an affiliate network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available.

1. Graham Stephan
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Welp…I made an editing mistake and the end of my outtro didn't make it, so I'll put it here: WeBull IS ENDING Their 3 Free Stock promotion in a day!! So if you're watching this and it's earlier than Thursday, this is your last chance to get 3 free stocks when you deposit $100 on their free stock trading app – those stocks could be worth all the way up to $1600! 🙂 https://act.webull.com/kol-us/share.html?inviteCode=Vowbik9Tm5he&source=main

2. EZRA AL
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Buying a house is great investment. Not so much with buying a new car

3. Ed West
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Once you got enough money saved to give all of your kids and their kids kids kids a few million each then you can spend money.

4. S Taseski
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Hello guys, can someone recommend a good discord group for investment, business, development and etc?

5. Matt Lantin
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

I love watching millennial money and seeing a people who makes $70k spend $80k on a BMW or $700 a month on their dog lol

6. Laura Foubelo
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

All these years talking about opportunity costs…. It was about time you realise that money actually buys you time hahaha

7. Janie Santonacita
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

GRAHAM! I have a question, and for anyone else who’d like to comment because I just generally curious about this sort of stuff and making money.

So, I really have to ask…You know those ads were they pop on on different financial video that claim to teach you how to make tons of money? I’d like to know if they are real or fake. Can anyone answer this for me? I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!!

8. Gary Boyles
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

I have to say, that sponsorship is sublime!

9. mefer swift
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Good. Just accumulate all of wealth you can get.

I have no idea why, but wont bad.

10. Josh C

This guy GETS IT!

11. Orao Gavran
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Dude you are a milionere, you can have a cook, a shopper, a cleaning lady and so much more free time. I think you should even relaese less videos and take mor time for yourselve.

12. Henry Craig
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

I am committed to self-development & thriving

13. mcteethinator
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

I used to be a big spender and a poor saver, but COVID has made me see the error of my ways. Last few months I've been living as frugally as possible, saving the rest, and my quality of life hasn't diminished at all.

14. Angelica Orozco
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Another great video Graham. Gracias!!!

15. Taynour
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

“I treat myself to sushi twice a month” 💀 😂that’s funny as hell

16. Snow Ball
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Love love videos like these. Please do more! And love hearing about how the 9-5 job was a motivator to getting out and into more freedom.

17. Christopher Magana
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Whats guys graham up its here and we're about why talking gonna saved I money so much today

18. Isaías Abinadí Sosa García
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

I remember that one video when Graham said that being rich was like trying to roll 🎲 2 dice and getting a 12, since you've got a 3% chance of getting that, just like rich people are about 3% of the population. That thought stuck with me and had become sort of a mantra

19. Wendy Trish
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

If you want to be successful have the mindset of the rich spend less and invest more don't give up your dreams, I pray that whoever likes and reads this will be successful.

20. Chris King
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Checkout Stefan Marquardt channel. He just gave you an awesome shoutout!

21. Gregory Kosins

Parsimonious.

22. Samuel Jackson

At:@Investwithjohnson

23. Samuel Jackson
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Connect with her on telegram

24. Clara Trump
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Wow. I think this is really a trusted one.. I want to invest with mrs Mary, pls hw can I connect to her?

25. Rose Brown
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

With the consistent weekly profits I'm getting investing with Mrs Johnson, there's no doubt, she is the most trusted and reliable trader in the market.. she's really a brain.

26. Claire Marvin
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Have been hearing of this Mrs Johnson great trading skills even before those pandemic times., It's really good to know she as given her best to these and making huge profits.. I really want to connect with her and start investing.. Pls hw can I get to her?

27. Emmanuel Bush
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Amazing one, I also start trading with Mrs Mary Johnson, she is the excellent person and good at what she does with an initial investment of $2500 I made up to $12350 in just a week of trading with her, her strategies are really overwhelming.

28. Sarah Clinton

Nice one Graham

29. Samuel Jackson
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

During the cóvid19 pandemic I made huge profits while investing with Mary Johnson , a professional broker.

30. Boltic PhD
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Can you guys look at the playlist on my channel and let me know what I can do differently to make better videos?

31. Maye
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Couldn’t agree more, money is giving you options. So you have to make right options with your money so you have the option to do what makes you happy.

32. Fly & Shy
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Yes. Some people are such snobs. Make a minimum wage, but will spend heir last money on a car, car insurance, parking space and ask friends for food money because they cannot afford it. Just use a bus!!!! Buses are much safer anyway.

33. Web Tristan
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

True about the real flex being in knowing you can afford something but don't buy it. I just changed my car after a very long while but it actually was to celebrate making 5-figure weekly via my cryptocurrency investments with the reputable Mrs Joyce, in the month of august.

34. ACE7O2
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

When you make this much money it probably becomes a hobby to see your bank account grow and not spending money just becomes a part of it and brings you satisfaction the way spending money brings satisfaction to the regular folk

35. Billy Butski
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Great advice! That is exactly what I want to work towards in my life. Thank you for explaining it in such a great way.

36. Amine Dhaouadi

Welcome to extreme cheapskate

37. Emily Christine
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

I want to wake up one morning and find out that my account is $1,578,889.00. I know its possible.

38. Sabrina Tatalias
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Woo love the FIRE movement. I have the exact same upbringing/realization in high school that shaped how I save and how little I spend.

39. H Balck
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

If you go to WeBull I predict your free stocks will be in AGI and SWN.

40. Hillary Khuu
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Love your videos graham! You remind me so much of my mom.

41. Matt W
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

If money is a tool…and Gram gives me info about options, does that make Gram a tool?

42. Andrew Martinez
    July 14, 2021 at 10:25 am

Hey Graham, what’s your rule of thumb for how much to set aside for maintenance and repairs on investment properties?