Investing

Tenant Trashed My Property | What It Looks Like Now

tenant-trashed-my-property-what-it-looks-like-now

SimpliSafe is award-winning home security that keeps your home safe around the clock. It’s really reliable, easy to use, and there are no contracts. Check out SimpliSafe here: https://simplisafe.com/graham – Enjoy! Add me on Instagram: GPStephan

LIMITED TIME: Get 2 FREE STOCKS ON WEBULL when you deposit $100 (Valued up to $1400): https://act.webull.com/k/Vowbik9Tm5he/main

JOIN THE WEEKLY MENTORSHIP – https://the-real-estate-agent-academy.teachable.com/p/graham-stephan-mentorship-program/

THE NEW PODCAST: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMSYZVlQmyG8_2MkIKzg0kw

The YouTube Creator Academy:
Learn EXACTLY how to get your first 1000 subscribers on YouTube, rank videos on the front page of searches, grow your following, and turn that into another income source: https://bit.ly/2STxofv $100 OFF WITH CODE 100OFF

My ENTIRE Camera and Recording Equipment:

Here is the final episode of my 6 month renovation series and tutorials about how to invest in real estate and build wealth.

All previous episodes here:
Tenant First Moved Out: https://youtu.be/HDsWJnHTcQg
Demolishing my property: https://youtu.be/q96HdYJHVTQ
Remodeling Costs: https://youtu.be/vLCwRx3Pchc
Everything wrong with my remodel: https://youtu.be/UtG1Zf-n8Pc

For business or one-on-one real estate investing/real estate agent consulting inquiries, you can reach me at GrahamStephanBusiness@gmail.com

*Some of the links and other products that appear on this video are from companies which Graham Stephan will earn an affiliate commission or referral bonus. Graham Stephan is part of an affiliate network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available.

1. Van Nguyen
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

briefly read through the title and the thumbnail. I thought the new tenant trashed your new renovated house lol

2. housefanman
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Graham… You keep focusing on the rental value increase of your rehab. However, I would bet the real increase in value in your investment is the appreciation of the property. How much in value do you think your properly increased because of your rehab? As far as rental income, your renovation will take ~9 years to pay back, so it really wasn't that great of an investment if you are strictly looking at the rental income. But when you factor in the value of the property, then I am sure it is.

3. priyan patel vlogs

Do you carry firearms

4. Christina Edwards
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I am embarassed by the state I'm leaving the carpet but after seeing that rental???? i would never lmao

5. robin hood taehwan thjrobinhood
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

that's just end of your story.

6. Lady's Life
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Is this unit being rented now ? I 100% want this or something similar! EMAIL ME ! 😍😍

7. Suqan Madiq

>spends 138k on renovation on house
    >I just bought first house for 125k
    o.O

8. Michael Padilla
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Are rent bidding wars allowed in LA

9. Matthew Vernelen
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

how much is the entire place worth now?

10. Eddie
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Thanks for this video. Trying to get custom shed built and it’s taking forever with permits and covid

11. SuperDitti555
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Dude, you got takin to the bank!!!!!!! i watched most of the videos, your entire attitude and wording and knowledge told me you havent a clue about the business of contracting!!!!!! you are like an ignorant woman who got soaked by a contractor!!!!!!!! They saw you coming a mile away!!!!!!! Stick with your youtube and forget real estate, its out of your league!!!!

12. Damon Mason

Mr. Graham Stephan:

Many salutations!!! You really had it rough trying to get rid of the ex-tenant who trashed your house and learned how very important it is to learn who your prospective renters are as people. I myself have had a similar experience with a few landlords that I have had in the past; if I may, I would like to share a hypothesis about why a tenant might do this from my own experience.

First of all, some background data: I reside in Texas whose legal statutes, of course, assume by default that the landlord is good and that the tenant is evil. My experience has been the inverse — and that biased laws like this are not good to have. The emphasis should be to keep the landlord-tenant relationship running smoothly and to have a mechanism to bring that to a close in an orderly fashion should things deteriorate to that point.

Here in San Antonio @ TX, I have been unjustly chased out of three apartments — at all of which I paid my rent on time and did my best to be the best neighbor I could be. The first apartment I stayed (September 2002 – August 2011) was led by an Hispanic lady that was reputed to be racist against black people and would inspect my apartment every Tuesday morning because I reported a malfunctioning toilet in June 2010. Prior to that point, I spotted a lot of structural flaws — not a few of which permitted German cockroaches and American cockroaches into the apartments — and talked with the City of Balcones Heights about having an inspection of the buildings done. Upon following up, I learned that the City of Balcones Heights had been working with the owners of the apartment complex to resolve all of the deficiencies which suggests that a casual conversation like this (gesturing between self and you) took place. That is the wrong thing to do IMHO; Balcones Heights needed to have really put the heat on the owners to fix up those buildings. I have also heard stories of female tenants being raped by the maintenance men, drug deals/prostitution, broad daylight criminal activity . . . you know, all of the urban "just hell no" activities we send for the police to deal with; while I was very fortunate to not have faced any of that, what prompted me to leave in August 2011 was the aforementioned scrutiny and the awful maintenance of the buildings.

The second apartment where I stayed (also in Balcones Heights) was a huge relief from the previous apartment; the property manager at the time is a lot like you in temperament! What brought my six years (August 2011 – September 2017) of living there to a close is the fact that the corporate landlord decided to only have six month lease terms and that the property manager kept turning over and over to gradually have the opinion that I could not properly care for the apartment and began withholding lease renewals to where the Family Protective Services Department had to intercede on my behalf. Okay, to be fair, I probably could have been a bit more proactive with the cleaning; still, leaving out food where insect pests could get to it was a major no-no that I corrected right away. I was also set up with a home service attendant which would come out to my apartment and keep me company 3X a week after cleaning the apartment for me; while this worked wonderfully, I also had a high turnover rate with the attendants assigned to me. One of those attendants basically told me that I was not enough of a pay check for her; not only does that burn me up, I could not do anything about that since it was that company and Medicaid that decided the hourly wage. What did me in here is that I was assigned a home service attendant that was 23-24 years old and already had two kids within their first half-decade and shared his experiences as a second-time dad which helped me to understand where my brother (a first-time dad) was coming from; unfortunately, all of this wound up costing me my second apartment right when I was returning from holiday in July/August 2017. This home service attendant was reassigned away from me and my ex-landlord decided to not renew my lease because of what it felt was excessive wear and tear on the apartment — again from SIX YEARS of me living there.

In both of those cases, I trashed the apartment prior to leaving because that was the only tactic I had available to me. A landlord harassing a tenant and a landlord decreeing homelessness of a tenant because the home service attendant that was demanded as a condition of residence walked off the job are not things that I would want in any healthy society that I live in; unfortunately, taking this objection to a court of law complete with legal representation is priced out of my reach even though it is deemed the proper way to do things. Trashing and then abandoning the rental apartment of such a landlord is in my reach. It is as simple as that. Upon being served that absolute-quit notice, a switch flips in me from the Dr. Jekyll that cares about the apartment and being a good neighbor to the Mr. Hyde that does not. I think back on those two periods and sometimes think that I should have trashed the apartment a lot more than I did; still, when the rational part of me takes back over, I realize that any damage to the physical structure of the apartment would shift the emphasis over to me as a criminal to be tracked down rather than the landlord who made one unreasonable demand too many. In November 2016, I had a rat exploring around in my 2nd apartment; instead of hopping right to it, the property manager told me that the structural breach has to be left open so that the rat does not die inside the walls. Would you, a paying tenant, want to be prioritized behind a rodent pest that is a biohazard that could cause an electrical fire if it gnaws through electrical wiring?!? I should have done a lot more than merely put the dead rodent on the manager's desk; unfortunately, I did not have another place to go — nor the finances to conduct that relocation.

The third apartment where I stayed (this time in Leon Valley from November 2017 to April 2019) put me through the wringer because my mom and dad did not want to make a road trip out there to help me get rehoused. These apartments demand that all the residents pay a portion of the water bill, sewage bill, and the gas in addition to the trash and pest control along with the rent — the grand total of which often went north of $700 and scraped against $750 a few times; worse, none of my conservation efforts did any good since the bills are set on the premise of being two months in arrears. It was only two months in that I realized how unsustainable this really is; unfortunately, I was left with a thin wallet because of the living expenses. Long story short, it was during the 17 months of me living in Leon Valley that I had it driven home that my origination family is garbage (even if they are college-educated), I had no friends, and nothing that I did to improve myself really mattered; see, aside from the Calypso Apartments changing legal ownership twice, the current owner "discovered" a bed bug infestation that it used as the casus belli to decree homelessness unto me in defiance of the Texas Property code — chapter 24.005 of which states that there SHALL BE a written quit notice served. At that time, I was taking classes to make the argument for civilian motor authorization because it has been my experience that a landlord will always develop buyer's remorse and decree homelessness of me even though I am being the perfect tenant and I am getting too old to be constantly moving my stuff through municipal transit and on foot (the latter of which drew the curiosity of a Balcones Heights police officer). Another reason why I trashed this apartment (which was torn apart after I was forced to leave) is because of this persistent view of me as animal vermin even though I was working to improve myself.

So, Graham, are you starting to understand why you might find some of your rental properties abandoned and trashed?

13. Alex Corll
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Geez, Graham always seems to speak highly of his tenants. And yet….they all leave terrible embarassing messes like this.

14. Wildcard
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I had to leave my apartment and now living in a basement still looking for a new home but they're either all way over priced or nothing like I want. Your renovation pretty much is what I'm looking for… but I live no where near NV.

15. Carlos Lima

man all these ads…

16. Brahim Dmn
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

you took this place from a cave to a cool place , i enjoyed watching the video

17. G_gaming !
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

3.5 years and it pays for itself, my friend you might have been able to do it cheaper but this is a very nice buy and hearing around 3500 a month I can’t believe people really pay that much. I might have to cut me a piece of that pie lol🤣 awesome video man I learned a lot thank you!

18. Nathanael F
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Grant I'd be interested in videos of you doing more out of the studio videos where you show homes and your properties. Could be cool.

19. xves themess

We need more.

20. JADDIX
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Uhhh, Graham, that doesn't look like a $5 t-shirt. It looks very high end and very comfortable. Tell me what it is now or I'm unliking all your videos! DO IT NOW GRAHAM!

21. Brett Ross
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

So in a past video you said that you told them to leave what they didnt want and you would take care of it. But in this video you made it look like they just bounced and left you holding the bags… come on man try some consistency

22. Christopher Waller
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I knew family friends who had a house where the only bathroom was accessed through the kid's bedroom, but never seen the opposite.

23. KEVIN CALLES

You’re amazing

24. Artemaeus Pheos
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I mean they left it messy, yeah, but that's honestly kind of expected? They didn't throw the toilet outside or punch holes in the walls & the problems you listed were more age/structure related. The new lay out looks nice, though.

25. Jesse
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I don't why people do this cause it doesn't make sense. Sound's like a sink hole Graham.

26. Rachel Gooden
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

But a lot of the issues that were fixed are structural! The tenants didn’t do that. And pipings etc, as he said, was very old and things were aging with time. I’m confused. Most of the repair is what would
    Happen regardless of who rented.

27. Serendipity [Multimedia Arts]
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I'M BUILDING A NEW APARTMENT I WANT THAT MIRROR!

28. Bomchikawawa
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I would love to see Meet Kevin critic this video lol. I think he would cry.

29. 구독 안하면 프사 님 미래 아들
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

The law overprotects tenants. They should be much easier to evict and punish. And they should liable for all wear and tear on properties.

30. Coach Oppa TheNotoriousV1C
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Lmao rookie real estate done 100% on point 😂😂😂 Sooooooo many cringy points of this guys video. But at least he’s okay with sharing on YouTube…. this 😅

31. Edwena Dixon - Pinpoint Finance
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Is it standard for American tenants to leave rubbish when vacating a rental? Seems rude!

32. Ayo Balogun
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Cant believe people will leave a house like that!

33. enigma
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

This is why I will never be a landlord.

34. vampov
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Poor people always move like this. They leave all their crap and then just buy it all again. It's no wonder they are poor. This is why I can't rent homes this would piss me off too much. Good hell I just saw your pictures after gutting it… You might as well have started from scratch.

35. pantomath tech

Same here with me
    Our tenat destroy most of the property and now its almost cost 20 % (15000$)of the house to renovate it.

36. JuJu The Gawd
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I see why you get the big bucks your content is impeccable!

37. claud eagle
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

That isnt even that bad. Ive seen waaay worse mess and tenants and damage than this.

38. Nick Zapata

this man ACTUALLY sat down to calculate… oh Graham🤦🏻‍♂️😂🤣😂🤣

39. Bob Rowlands
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I keep telling my wife there's a book or TV series called "The Rental"! We had one that had a stripper, her boyfriend, a registered pedifile accross the street from a school. Last one lost his job and started robbing banks! Down to 3 rentals. Two doing fine and one out of work during pandemic!

40. Roseanne's Reality
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I am Irish so I don't know what the typical moving in/out is like in America but I have never in my life moved out and left a mess like that behind.. Everything goes.. The place gets hoovered and mopped.. Leave places in good condition people. It's not hard and it's respectful.

41. Greendotz
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

Dude, I like your content but seriously what's with the trashy clickbait titles and thumbnails? The title is "tenant trashed my property" when the actual story you tell is you had a dated property which needed serious renovation. Come on man, this isn't Buzzfeed.

42. mbplove
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I'm not a financial genius, but I do a lot of DIY myself and 100K to remodel that property is daylight robbery. If you're making 100K in 2 months salary then fine, I get it but otherwise you'd have been better doing the majority of it yourself.

43. Austin Herring
    July 21, 2021 at 2:19 am

I liked right at the time it disappeared and it kinda scared me