Investing

We Picked These 5 Hot Tech Stocks — How Are They Doing?

we-picked-these-5-hot-tech-stocks-how-are-they-doing

Each year at this season, tens of millions of American parents go hunting for presents for the young’uns — hoping to pick something that they’ll like for more than five minutes. It’s a losing battle, of course — but we try. At The Fool, we may not be the best qualified to recommend toys, even though Motley Fool co-founder David Gardner is a games fanatic, but we can make suggestions about investments.

So, two years ago, Motley Fool co-founder David Gardner revealed a five-stock sampler of companies you could put in your children’s portfolios — ones they probably know, and would be enthusiastic to follow, too: Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX). Now, it’s been something of a roller coaster ride in the market since then, but even so, in the Dec. 19 episode of the Rule Breaker Investing podcast, it’s time to check in and see how those picks are doing.
————————————————————————
Subscribe to The Motley Fool’s YouTube Channel:
Or, follow our Google+ page:

Inside The Motley Fool: Check out our Culture Blog!
Join our Facebook community:
Follow The Motley Fool on Twitter:

1. Derrick Camp
    July 22, 2021 at 11:44 am

Thank you so much sir for your valuable information I am brand new just starting trading in the September of 2020 all of your predictions seem to be coming true please advise on some call options when you get a chance

2. phukit
    July 22, 2021 at 11:44 am

What about the other 185 stocks you picked-that tanked.

3. Dunk
    July 22, 2021 at 11:44 am

I think the presenter needs to work on their maths, you cant just add the gains vs the stock market together to give a bigger %. If you invested across all these stocks youd need to take an average.

4. Audie Dickert
    July 22, 2021 at 11:44 am

I am new to investing. Like I bought my first (single share) of KBH August 2017.. and then dumped a bunch of money into GE Nov/Dec 2017 around 19-17 (a share) …. and also lost most of what I originally invested trying to day trade…. needless to say it's been all expensive lessons for me. And I'm still learning as much as possible. But the Math in this video is throwing me off. Is there something with compounding or intrest I dont know. Cause I would figure out this math like so….
    Say someone (for sake of simplicity i used 1) bought 1 share of every single stock you labeled @ there starting price total would equal somewhere around 1162.5 (assuming I wrote them down right.) 770= amzn, 111= aapl, 37.5= atvi, 118= GB, 126= Nflx! So 1,162.5+(16%)= 1,348.50 (profit of $186 or 16%)
    Take your original investment of 1,162.5 add the total of each stock you picked =2,237.. then to find the % you write out equation like;
    (Original investment)
    – (your results)
    =(Td) = total difference = -1,074.5
    (1,074.5) ÷ (original investment) 1,162.50 =
    (.9243) or (-.9243) × 100 =92.43%

To Varify just take initial investment of.
    $1,162.5 × 92.43%= $1074.49875
    $1,074.50 + $1,162.50 = $2,237

So if Market got + 16%
    You 92.43% You= + 76.43% over the market…

Initial investment being;
    1,162.50
    Market =+16% =+ $186
    Motley fool =92.43% = + $1,074.50

5. Dung Ho
    July 22, 2021 at 11:44 am

I Love this channel. But telling them open a brokerage account is bad ideas.

6. WitchHunter93
    July 22, 2021 at 11:44 am

I bought ActiBlizzard at $56 and $65. I'm down now thanks to the drop. Hoping it'll recover.