5 Rules to Retire on Dividends

5-rules-to-retire-on-dividends

You CAN retire on dividends but you need to follow these five rules. Learn how to retire on dividends and then watch the dividend investing commandments https://youtu.be/aC96Co_l48M

I LOVE dividends but they aren’t the easy cash flow investments people sometimes assume. If you want the kind of dividend cash flow that will pay your bills in retirement, you need to plan ahead and be ready. That means knowing exactly how much you need from your dividend stocks, how much to invest and how to take your dividend money out in retirement.

In this video, Chris from The Dividend Experiment will walk you through his five steps to retire on dividends. The Dividend Experiment is a fun channel with cool animation-style videos that makes investing simple and accessible to everyone.

6 Steps to Building a Portfolio of Dividend Stocks to Pay Your Bills
1) Measure your cost of living and target – understand how much you’ll need in retirement
2) Budgeting now to save more – how much can you invest in dividend stocks and budgeting to save more now so you can build your portfolio faster
3) Choosing your dividend stocks – here’s the fun part, finding the best dividend stocks to buy that will help you retire
4) Building a portfolio – making sure you have a strong mix of dividend stocks that will grow over time and regularly investing to build cash flow
5) Spending! Retire on your dividend cash flow!

🤑 Get The Daily Bow-Tie – my FREE daily email newsletter sharing market updates, trends and the most important news! Market Updates for the Smart Investor! https://mystockmarketbasics.com/dailybowtie

My Investing Recommendations 📈

📊 Download this Portfolio Tracker and Investing Spreadsheet! [Community Discount Code] https://mystockmarketbasics.com/spreadsheetdiscount

Check out the stock simulator and Get a FREE share of stock worth up to $1000 when you open a Webull investing account with a $100 deposit! 🤑 https://mystockmarketbasics.com/webull

Follow the 2021 Bow Tie Nation portfolio on Stockcard and get a special 10% discount with promo code: bowtienation https://mystockmarketbasics.com/stockcarddiscount

Free Webinar – Discover how to create a personal investing plan and beat your goals in less than an hour! I’m revealing the Goals-Based Investing Strategy I developed working private wealth management in this free webinar. Reserve your spot now! https://mystockmarketbasics.com/free-investing-webinar

₿ Use Coinbase, the largest and safest platform to buy cryptocurrencies and get bonus crypto while you learn! https://mystockmarketbasics.com/coinbase

SUBSCRIBE to create the financial future you deserve with videos on beating debt, making more money and making your money work for you. https://peerfinance101.com/FreeMoneyVideos

Joseph Hogue, CFA spent nearly a decade as an investment analyst for institutional firms and banks. He now helps people understand their financial lives through debt payoff strategies, investing and ways to save more money. He has appeared on Bloomberg and on sites like CNBC and Morningstar. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and is a veteran of the Marine Corps.

Tags:

1. Let's Talk Money! with Joseph Hogue, CFA
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

What are your rules or strategy for investing in dividends❓

2. Carlos Godson

+44: 7 8 6: 8 6 9 2: 3 1 6

3. Daniyoyo

I love DGRO my fav

4. Mr P

Very interesting video. Well explained 👏

5. Kira Black
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

7 dividend Please make a m1 finance pie for this please I’ll copy and make it into money stream

6. Robert C Lynch
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

My rule for dividends is that I won't invest in a company if they don't pay a dividend – as per Jim Slater's books. That does mean that I probably miss out on some growth opportunities, but that's one of my tick boxes.

7. parkerbohnn
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

That only works if you die before the stock market falls 90 to 95 percent back to fair market value in which case all dividends would be cut around 80 percent right across the board. This might work if you're old like in your 90's.

8. C L
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

A luxury 28m^2 (300 sq ft) apartment costs about $3,500 per month here in NY. The same apartment cost under $250 in many parts of China (Foshan, for example). The dream now is to retire early overseas, many countries' infrastructure is way more advanced than ours here in America these days.

9. Kyle Godsey
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

When doing this, is it better to just pile up the stocks and divide the money up into all, or just pick say 8-10 and just load them up…?

10. john russell
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

It's strange how people talk about all the profit they have been making through trading of bitcoin While I'm here not making any profit at all. Can someone put me through on the right path.

11. Ebay Addicts

Hit the like button 👍

12. Scott Norris

I like QYLD

13. Tall Guy

Get a Roth IRA so that gains aren't taxable

14. Shawn McDowell

Jesus is God & He loves you

Jesus is will soon be seen by all men, women, and children up in the clouds. Jesus is returning now! Believe and be saved.

Exodus 3:14 (God speaking)

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 8:58 (Jesus speaking)

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:30 (Jesus speaking)

I and my Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Matthew 1:23

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

John 1:1 & 14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh (Lord Jesus), and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 8:24 (Jesus speaking)

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 14:9 (Jesus speaking)

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Hebrews 1:1-3, & 8 (God calls His Son "O God" because Jesus IS God in the flesh)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Titus 2:13

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Revelation 1:7

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Isaiah 44:6 (God speaking)

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Revelation 1:8 (Jesus speaking)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 22:13 (Jesus speaking)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

There Are None Righteous / How To Be Saved

Romans 3:10 & 23

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Luke 5:31-32 (Jesus speaking)

31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1 Peter 3:18 (The word “quicken” means “to make alive”)

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast

15. Tashawa Reaves

Mistaken identity in HOLLYWOOD

16. Tashawa Reaves

NASDAQ

17. Tashawa Reaves

?????

18. Paul Curley, CFA
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

FYI – Ares is not a monthly dividend payer.

19. OHNO 5.0

My new favorite channel

20. Sifonx
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

When did ARCC start paying dividends monthly? Last I checked they were still quarterly?

21. Nano

Good guest content

22. badejong
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Great video! Since I have a portfolio of financial youtubers I now have to rethink my strategy. Swap Joseph for The Divedend Experiment? 😁😁😁

23. J B

I liked the video

24. Hans Schotterradler
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

That ISA in the UK is like the Roth in the US; you do not pay tax on the withdrawals. Everybody should be maxing out the Roth contribution every year. I wish I had done it.

25. Michael D
    July 11, 2021 at 9:55 pm

I have over $2 million in 401K. Instead of getting nailed 50% on the Biden Cap gains tax, I can just sell off before this Capital gains tax and before retire age and come out way ahead. 10% penalty verse 25% tax jump is no brainer. Who would keep their 401K with this news ????? Is this really going to pass ? That is 100% increase !