Investing

How Much Passive Income From $71,000 In Dividend Stocks?

how-much-passive-income-from-71000-in-dividend-stocks

$20 OFF – Investing Course: https://learn.sixfigureaffiliate.marketing/p/stock-market-investing-course/?product_id=1615456&coupon_code=DIVIDEND
I thought it would be interesting to figure out how much in passive income I am currently earning from my dividend portfolio. So, here is how much I am earning each day, month and year from my M1 Finance dividend portfolio.

(FREE TRAINING) M1 Finance For Beginners: https://ryanoscribner.com/m1-training
Sign Up For M1 Finance: https://ryanoscribner.com/m1finance
$100K Dividend Stock Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGhRZdsPDX33rjAtzOTR95IqaLDX8sHOx

___

DISCLAIMER: Ryan Scribner, including but not limited to any guests appearing in his videos, are not financial/investment advisors, brokers, or dealers. They are solely sharing their personal experience and opinions; therefore, all strategies, tips, suggestions, and recommendations shared are solely for entertainment purposes. There are financial risks associated with investing, and Ryan Scribner’s results are not typical; therefore, do not act or refrain from acting based on any information conveyed in this video, webpage, and/or external hyperlinks. For investment advice please seek the counsel of a financial/investment advisor(s); and conduct your own due diligence.

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this webpage are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase and/or subscribe. However, this does not impact our opinions and comparisons.

HOLDINGS DISCLOSURE: https://ryanoscribner.com/holdings

1. Sandeep
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

How much does M1 cost per month?

2. Proposal
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

How is it possible you are able to invest so much, how did you start off, rich?

3. Steven School Alchemy

Cool beans

4. Beautiful Beats - Meditation and Relaxation
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

70k could be the deposit for 3 houses with a rental income of £750 per month (at the lowest). Do people dividend invest because it is more passive than property? Is it just a place to store money till you can purchase a property?

5. Frank E.
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

How'd you have $8,000 available to invest in one month? How long did it take you to reach $70k?

6. Dimiter Koychev
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

What do you think for amzn? Who thinks coca cola is overpriced?

7. D.E.K. Outdoors
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Your General Electric (pick) , is why I only invest in ETFs ! All kidding aside you have some great ones for sure. I believe personally for long term investing , 10 years or more , that good etfs are the way to go !

8. Cuban Surfer
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

If you just had purchased 71k of TSLA = 428k in less than 6 months OR with your strategy $148 miserable 😖 dlls in dividends 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
    TSLA’s ROR YOY is 35-40% for the rest of our lifes.
    Personally, I 5x my $$$ with TSLA alone
    Don’t need any other stock TYVM
    Favorite word of the week: SPLIT 🚀🚀🚀
    Enough said!
    (Leaving as I drop the MIC 🎤)

9. Dave Gibb

Growing well

10. Big Nasty
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I dont understand why invest $72,000 into dividend paying stocks…to only get $1,700 total yearly….i much rather spend $72,000 into Amazon, netflix, apple, Google and tesla!

11. Nightrider
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

yeah with my 100k it didn't amount to much, so im still in growth stocks and dividends

12. Travis Silberstorf
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Do you get a monthly check or yearly??? For divedends????thanks

13. Alex Alex
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Dude I've always seen your thumbnails, for some reason I didn't click on a single video of yours. And now I realize I regret it, by how transparent and cool you are.

14. Daryl Elliott
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

$1,783 in dividends on a $71K portfolio is 2.51% per year, which is okay, but it could easily be more. His argument for selecting his div. stocks is that they have upside price movement potential. My question is why doesn't he realize that some higher dividend stocks also have higher upside potential? It is well known that dividend stocks move up more than non-div. stocks. Does anyone know of a study that shows that higher div. stocks grow faster?

15. dreindenver
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

In April, Boeing announced to investors to not expect to see a dividend for 3-5 years.

16. Shane Scott
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Everyone here should check out Pi crypto, if you don't already have it
    use my code: BossNut
    I started in october 2019 so I have the fastest rates

17. JADiaz10
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Bruh passive income is just not worth the investment real talk 😂

18. Andrew Carswell
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Why do you not have any 5g stocks? Cisco, at&t, crown castle, Verizon, nokia? American tower?

19. Jamie Jones
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Ngg payout ratio is 102%. What's up with that?

20. centrino538
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

15:38 this is indeed an hilarious annual amount. What is your goal by making such a video? Discourage us?

21. mike vincent

Theres an App for that

22. Ryan Rogers
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I worked for Lowe's when I was younger and invested in their stock program. I've only got about 200 shares, but it is by far the best stock I own right now. Holding for life!

23. GnasheR
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

My goal in life is to just not have to work. I have just started new job at £9 an hour and my salary will be at LEAST £15k a year so I want to save and invest 10k every year, ideally put it into dividend stocks for the next 10 years. My girlfriend will also be saving 5k a year from her job so after 10 years we’ll have £150k principal saved up, and the total interest gained over those 10 years works out to be £45k (not including the dividends that I would have been getting the whole time. So altogether I will have roughly £200k, which at 6% interest will be growing by £12k a year which I could live on but I suppose at that point it’s my choice to keep pushing or not

24. Kevin Wong
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I still don't understand why dividend investing is so popular among people 30 and under. If you are having a long run view of investing, you should be investing in growth or just a basic sp500 etf/mutual fund. It makes sense to dividend invest if you are like 40-50 years old.

25. BonadanAlloy
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

i was a dividend growth investor. i'm quickly converting to selling option premium though.

26. Moosehead
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

A comment about IBM: the people I know that work in IT have told me that IBM's cloud is absolutely terrible and the better play for the cloud would be AMZN or MSFT. IBM has about 5% market share while AMZN has about 39%. Something to be aware of.

27. Falcon Arrow

Nice M1 Portfolio, thanks for the video

28. Farris Latief
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Am I too late to do this at 25 years old?

29. Ian Parrott
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

2.5%? That is pretty weak return, at 71K you could be pulling exponentially more return. To each his own, but this is not a dividend portfolio. This is a growth portfolio that has returns.

30. Hugo Vargas
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Currently 18 with over 11k invested in a dividend portfolio, representing for the young investors!

31. 0ops Sorry
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I think selling and paying income tax rather than capital gains in the future is really shooting yourself in the foot for some of these airline stocks that you bought at a really good value.

32. abcdLeeXY
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Subbed for this series. I love the transparency that motivates me to do the same.

33. Inquirer 101
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Well your investment of $71,000 is certainly doing a lot better than the bank interest rate like 1/2 of 1%. And yet the banks are acting like their measly interest rate is high and generous. There are a lot of good dividend paying companies out there. You just have to have the stomach to ride the ups and down. I like Verizon and AT&T for their solid dividends. They maybe slow movers, but the dividend payout is steady.

34. Spanish John

nice demo account lol

35. noirdesire
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

there are still tons of great stock buys. so i dont agree the market doesnt have some great buys in it right now.

36. Organic Freedom
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Thank you for sharing so many details of your position! I bought JETS ✈️ during the dip too! 🌟(I plan to hold it long term) and I didn’t wanna put too much either because everything is uncertain. I am also cautious about the major index funds price which seem overpriced.

37. Chris Knoof
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Opened my eyes to a few great dividend stocks added to my watch list. I'll be buying the dip for a healthy discount in the future. Thanks Ryan!

38. America
    July 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I don’t have much but for a first time investor what dividends should I invest with 1500 ?