Investing

INFLATION WARNING: The 2020 DEBT Bubble Explained

inflation-warning-the-2020-debt-bubble-explained

Lets discuss the ever growing national debt, whether or not this is a concern, if it’s a bubble, and how this affects your money and investing for the future – enjoy! Add me on Instagram: GPStephan

Get 2 Free Stocks on WeBull when you deposit $100 (Valued up to $1400): https://act.webull.com/k/Vowbik9Tm5he/main

NEW: JOIN THE WEEKLY MENTORSHIP – https://the-real-estate-agent-academy.teachable.com/p/graham-stephan-mentorship-program/

The YouTube Creator Academy:
Learn EXACTLY how to get your first 1000 subscribers on YouTube, rank videos on the front page of searches, grow your following, and turn that into another income source: https://bit.ly/2STxofv $100 OFF WITH CODE 100OFF

My ENTIRE Camera and Recording Equipment:

The United States is, at its core…kind of like a business. It has what’s called a GDP, which stands for Gross Domestic Product – and that’s the entire market value of all the goods and services produced within the United States..the purpose of this is to measure the economic output of our country, see if we’re GROWING as a society, and when that number goes up – it tells us that incomes are increasing, and people are spending more.

Now, this is important because – ALONGSIDE that GPS – includes all of that revenue that the country makes to keep itself running. After all, roads need to be built, the military needs to continue running, police and firefighters need to get paid, like buttons need to be smashed…and so on. Now, a lot of those types of services are all paid for through our tax dollars – and, just with any business, there are going to be times where there isn’t enough tax revenue to pay for all the services that we get.

Typically, this is done through issuing bonds and treasury bills – which is just a fancy way of saying: The government will pay people interest if they loan it money. And that loan is guaranteed by the United States, which – lets be real – it’s pretty much guaranteed to pay it back, so people see this as a really, REALLY safe investment.

But – in terms of who actually BUYS and OWNS this debt: here you go:

So, here are a few concerns that frequently get brought up:

One: If interest rates begin to rise, the cost of holding on to that debt become more expensive. Right now, since interest rates are next to nothing…the United States holding on to $25 trillion worth of debt isn’t much of a concern. If anything, it’s BETTER to hold more debt at a time where interest rates are low…than it is to hold LESS debt when interest rates are high – just because, with low rates, that debt is cheaper to keep.

BUT…if interest rates were to be at 4%…that debt would begin draining money from other resources, and when the United States needs to figure out how to raise more cash – the worry is that they’ll do it through higher taxation.

Two: The other concern is we just carry on as usual…and then leave it up to future generations to worry about. Maybe THEY’LL be the ones that are taxed higher, maybe THEY’LL be the ones with less money spent on public services…or, we can leave it to them to keep kicking the can down a little further until our Grandkids do something about it.

In terms of whether or not we should be worried about our debt…the answer is, PROBABLY NOT.

When we look at our debt in relation to how much money we make…we’re actually a LOT lower than quite a few other countries. You can see here that, sure, we might OWE the most amount of money…but, we also MAKE quite a lot of money, as well:

Secondly, I think it’s assumed that the plan of action here is to keep interest rates low, and then let inflation do its thing – as long as our economy continues to grow, and innovate…that debt will just sit there, whittling away, assuming we don’t keep adding to it.

And really…because of that there’s no REASON to pay off the debt early. Why would they?

HOWEVER…where I see the biggest obstacle, is IF people stop investing in the United States, and we stop growing as fast as we have been…then the United States will be forced to pay higher interest in their debts to entice more people to lend money, and THAT – in turn – would almost certainly mean higher taxes in the future.

For business or one-on-one real estate investing/real estate agent consulting inquiries, you can reach me at GrahamStephanBusiness@gmail.com

*Some of the links and other products that appear on this video are from companies which Graham Stephan will earn an affiliate commission or referral bonus. Graham Stephan is part of an affiliate network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available.

1. Learning to Compound

Any update on this?

2. Ed West
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

Somebody finally watched Tiger King.

3. Joel Alvarez
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

Hello Everyone. I want you all to know about the hacked atm card, for those of you who been fighting for financial issues, here is a great chance for you to get a blank atm card, you can use this blank atm card to withdraw anywhere around the world, you can withdrawal up to $5,000 USD per day with this card and also you can use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal, if you want to get one for yourself, contact via email: (mrmichealblankatmcard@gmail.com), do not miss this great opportunity of your life, contact them now and thank me later.

4. Oneofakind
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

It is waaaaaay to much commercial interuption lately. I get it, you gotta earn money too, but even a cow can't be milked too much. People are going to be feed up too.

5. Bobcat

Hi

6. Daquan Dai
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

I am so grateful to expeditetools,com for the help .They got a transfer of $40,000 directly to my account .

7. **PACK LIFE**

Yeah! 👍

8. Sarah Peterson
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

I honestly thought I would lose my house because I was caught up in a lot of credit card debt and my credit score was a laughable 450. Hiring the services of James farber and his team has been the turning point of my life and it is the best decision I made this 2020 and the best part of all this they clear all credit card debts for FREE!!!! Thanking his team alone doesn't do justice to how great an impact their professionalism in doing their job has taken me to a healthy 810 credit score in a month and a half since using their service. I am no longer in debt in this trying times I cannot thank them enough. Visit FARBERGROUPSERVICES. COM to get in contact with them. Trust me if you are in any financial trouble you will be glad you contacted them and you will be fully satisfied with their service and mode of operation, they literally turned my life around for better

9. Matt Worthy
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

Every time I'm reminded of this I just feel like money is a social construct and nothing really matters

10. Memoreism
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

I’ve never heard this point of view concerning the national debt. I’ve heard so many people talk about how the US is trillions of dollars in debt and how evil debt is. This video truly showed a new perspective for me.

11. Al May
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

if we have hyperinflation, should I invest instead of putting extra money to pay more than the minimum payment on credit cards? Hyperinflation makes it easier to pay off debt right?

12. PASHTO SONGS

18. ford brains

Do a quick google search for ECOM BAZZOID someone posted your courses Graham

19. R musical Creation

Do a quick google search for ECOM BAZZOID someone posted your courses Graham

20. arthur george
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

Using the citizens tax money, doesn't really feel like "spending out of nothing/thin air"
    If that's what it really is, because I'm just a tad bit confused.
    Doesn't mean I'll never understand it though.

21. Abadael Perez
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

Lol. thumbs down to the haters.

22. Drake Dragon
    July 22, 2021 at 5:30 am

I wish Graham was around when I sucked do bad at Sim City…. it was always Taxes vs Dept….damn resources for infrastructure and riots all the time….