Investing Strategies – Why Sell the News is Winning Big

investing-strategies-why-sell-the-news-is-winning-big

🤑 Get The Daily Bow-Tie – my FREE daily email newsletter sharing market updates, trends and the most important news! https://mystockmarketbasics.com/dailybowtie
One of this year’s investing strategies has beaten all the rest and I’m giving you a crash course in how to use it and beat the market in today’s livestream! This investing strategy for stocks has beaten everything else; tech, EV…every other strategy for investing your money.

The buy the rumor, sell the news investing strategy has been a can’t miss trading strategy this year and there’s good reason to believe it could repeat in 2021. The rise of the Robinhood investor means there are millions more investors out there that don’t have hours a week to spend analyzing stock picks.

That means they’re more likely to follow the hottest trends and news in the stock market. With limited time, you have to use the investing strategies that don’t require a full-time job analyzing cash flow statements. When this happens, stock prices feed off the news cycle. Investor enthusiasm builds as the market gets closer to a specific event like a stock split or shares being added to an index. Investors rush in and the share price soars.

Then after the event has occurred, the constant reinforcement of news dies and so does that momentum machine. People are revved up to buy into the shares, volume implodes and the share price plunges. The investing strategy is actually very similar to momentum investing but you have a definitive end date to tell you when to sell.

As long as the market keeps going up and retail investors keep pushing more of those stimulus checks into stocks, this will be the most profitable investing strategy for stocks. Do NOT neglect this strategy for how you invest.

🤑 Get The Daily Bow-Tie – my FREE daily email newsletter sharing market updates, trends and the most important news! Market Updates for the Smart Investor! [Sign up Now – Starting January 2020!] https://mystockmarketbasics.com/dailybowtie

My Investing Recommendations 📈

📊 Download this Portfolio Tracker and Investing Spreadsheet! [Community Discount Code] https://mystockmarketbasics.com/spreadsheetdiscount

Check out the stock simulator and Get a FREE share of stock worth up to $1000 when you open a Webull investing account with a $100 deposit! 🤑 https://mystockmarketbasics.com/webull

Follow the 2021 Bow Tie Nation portfolio on Stockcard and get a special 10% discount with promo code: bowtienation https://mystockmarketbasics.com/stockcarddiscount

Free Webinar – Discover how to create a personal investing plan and beat your goals in less than an hour! I’m revealing the Goals-Based Investing Strategy I developed working private wealth management in this free webinar. Reserve your spot now! https://mystockmarketbasics.com/free-investing-webinar

SUBSCRIBE to create the financial future you deserve with videos on beating debt, making more money and making your money work for you. https://peerfinance101.com/FreeMoneyVideos

Joseph Hogue, CFA spent nearly a decade as an investment analyst for institutional firms and banks. He now helps people understand their financial lives through debt payoff strategies, investing and ways to save more money. He has appeared on Bloomberg and on sites like CNBC and Morningstar. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and is a veteran of the Marine Corps.

1. Let's Talk Money! with Joseph Hogue, CFA
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Want to be a smarter investor in less than 5 minutes? Get The Daily Bow-Tie – FREE daily email newsletter for market updates, trends and the most important news! https://mystockmarketbasics.com/dailybowtie

2. Νικόλαος Αντωνιάδης

Hi
    Can you make a video about intristic value?
    Regards!
    ANTONIADIS NIKOLAOS

3. Small Business Marketer Freelancer
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Do you know where I can find out the tax fees for selling in under a year? I heard that selling stocks under a year is a high percent in taxes? Swing trading of sorts..

4. Small Business Marketer Freelancer
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

What is a pre split? Newby here:) Love your videos. Happy I found you.

5. joel chaky
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

All right: I’ve bought one NIO and one sbe. I will sell nio late 1/7 or early 1/8 and I will sell sbe one or two days before the. 1/27 merger. One day I’ll have the capital to make these plays 10x.

6. CosTamAjTam
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

I’m gonna start unsubscribing from every YouTuber slurping his drink into the microphone on air. Sooo freaking unprofessional and yet so common. Huge pet peeve

7. Smruti Mandal
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

The more I learn about investing, the more I realize the fundamental investing strategy that I used to worship is a matter of the past. For good returns, today it all about following the trend and news.

8. Jose Herrera
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

One penny for your thoughts ring ring back

9. Madhukar Koratagere
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Love you for not drinking beer
    we need healthy Joseph!

10. Blessed one
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Check out zed monopoly a living legend in the stock market. Dudes videos are a literal course themselves

11. SuperiorJC

Where did the hour long video go 😕? Lol

12. Ramsey Alberto
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Bitcoin is breaking limits a lot of people are purchasing it, great!

13. The Cult Machine
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

I guarantee nobody is grabbing their favorite drink here, we’re just listening to the show am I right or am I right? I mean I’m not stopping the video, to go and start mixing myself a cocktail or brewing a coffee……However, Imagine if Joe didn’t tell me at the beginning of the video ‘to grab my favorite drink.’ It might mean the end of the Bow tie nation.
    Think about it, how one simple sentence holds the universe in flux. What if, just once, in one Video, Joe just started a video, but with no drink. Of course we’d overlook it, but subconsciously something would be amiss. We wouldn’t be fulfilled. Some crucial component was missing to our favorite financial advisor, but what praythee?
    I’d come to the end of the video and find out, wow….For some reason, I’m a little depressed yet I do not know why.
    I’d go about my day in a strange slump, My wife asks me “What’s wrong,” to which I reply…”I…I really have no idea.”
    Soon I’d be hitting the bottle, desperately drinking trying to fulfill some sort of unconscious urge that Joe had been helping me to overcome through psychoanalytical sublimation. Instead of vapidly giving me that outlet through his video suggestibility, now I’m forced to get my coping mechanism through relapsing.
    I start drinking…heavily. My life becomes a blur fading in and out of consciousness, stumbling, shitting my pants. All because Joe stopped suggesting I ‘grab a drink’ when nobody was “really grabbing drinks” but we were somehow inwardly fulfilled by this simple turn of phrase. “Grab your drink.”
    Joe, for the love of God. “Grab you drink.”

14. Kenneth Moule
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Thanks for the show I really enjoy.

15. Andrei Gavril
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Hello. How many companies do you have in your portfolio? Or what would be the right number of companies to say that you have diversified and at the same time to say that you can monitor their course? Thanks

16. AimAim

where is your bow tie ? <3

17. Five Venom Style
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Itchy is definitely a good word for it, in my case "Market Withdrawal" is what my wife calls it, lol.

18. Connel Franco

Your call on ocgn jumped from $.29 to 2.88.Thanks

19. Emily LT
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Thank you some of your vid are very good. Cleanspark thanks to u I bought. Up 180%. All you stocks in next faang has done very well. Good work.

20. Investing with Silvia Manent, CFA, CFP
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

One of the coolest and best CFA Charter-holders. Also I do the 80% core and 20% peripheral strategy.

21. jaimedragon1
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

I appreciate your insight. I have learn so much. Waiting for the next advice.

22. LuigiFan1305
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Consumer discretionary ETF's are a hit buy right now with Amazon and Tesla being a big weight of them for this who can't afford to buy Amazon and Tesla.. I'm glad I got in at a good time up 60% already

23. M Scott Downing
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

You need to turn up your microphone volume on these segments.

24. Michelle Rosenfeld
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

If you get itchy, watch some movies. Pixar’s “Soul” was GREAT! And for fun, watch Trading Places! 🙂

25. Reginald Rivers
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Can’t wait for the options video

26. bryant madren
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

You mentioned a portfolio called stock heart or stock card? I am not sure that is correct, but how do I see the portfolio?

27. Chuck Murray
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

I don't think that I'm smart enough to buy and sell individual stocks. I've been buying Index Funds and Sector ETFs. Trying to manage a portfolio of individual stocks is a little intimidating to me. I just have my Vanguard Roth IRA, Vanguard Brokerage Account and I'm about to transfer my 401(k) from my former employer into a traditional IRA at Vanguard so I have it all in one place. I'm going to put most of it into a conservative fund like Wellesley or Wellington since I'm 60 and the rest, I planned to buy more ETFs. I need growth but I also need to protect what I have so it's a little scary at my age. I want to retire in two to three years and have already secured healthcare until I'm Medicare eligible which makes that possible.

28. James Averion
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Always putting out great content! Do you have a course on learning how to read a companies financials? I am looking for a more in depth lesson on breaking down a companies financials. Thank you in advance.

29. Maher

U got all my answers

30. Scorpion777 Silvermoon
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

I love this channel. Thank you!!!

31. A Person
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Could you please suggest how to prepare for CFA examinations? What program do you use to prepare?

32. Samuel J Wilson

Where the video go? 🙁

33. Sat Sai
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

what r the good stocks/ETFs to buy in Roth IRA account? I want to keep less ETFs in Roth..

34. ally 1705
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Market close has been a nice break. Hope next week the stocks 🚀

35. Mai Nguyen
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Good examples. Wish I knew the strategy b4 Tesla joined s & p. Did the building burn down??? Cause your video was cut off. ??, oh nooooo….

36. Toufic Hamdan

This guys always absolutely loaded 😂 top 5 channels

37. Taco
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

very interesting how the market works. great video

38. Taco
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

What is the best strategy for beginners? short or long trades?

39. Aks K
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Really loved your take towards the topic of all the pros bashing Robinhood investors 😀

40. Bibiana Smith

Thanks for this

41. graywolf2600
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Is the Q&A coming up soon?

42. High Energy Zuko
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Any tips for a 21 year old looking to get into investing? Thanks!

43. Samuel J Wilson
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

I'm assuming it also makes some sense to also buy the news to get that dip

44. Andrew H
    July 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Some of your top stock picks lately (e.g. broadcom, qualcomm) have very high p/e ratios. I know you've done a video on why pe may not be the best valuation for these stocks and something like peg is probably better but are you not worried with the high PEs correcting eventually and is now still a good time to enter these expensive stocks like fedex, broadcom, etc?