Investing

Tesla Stock vs Nikola Motors Stock (TSLA vs NKLA)

tesla-stock-vs-nikola-motors-stock-tsla-vs-nkla

Tesla Stock and Nikola Motors Stock are two very popular investments right now. In this video, I will be covering the key similarities and differences between Tesla (TSLA) and Nikola (NKLA)

Webull (2 Free Stocks!): https://ryanoscribner.com/webull

___

DISCLAIMER: Ryan Scribner, including but not limited to any guests appearing in his videos, are not financial/investment advisors, brokers, or dealers. They are solely sharing their personal experience and opinions; therefore, all strategies, tips, suggestions, and recommendations shared are solely for entertainment purposes. There are financial risks associated with investing, and Ryan Scribner’s results are not typical; therefore, do not act or refrain from acting based on any information conveyed in this video, webpage, and/or external hyperlinks. For investment advice please seek the counsel of a financial/investment advisor(s); and conduct your own due diligence.

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this webpage are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase and/or subscribe. However, this does not impact our opinions and comparisons.

HOLDINGS DISCLOSURE: https://ryanoscribner.com/holdings

1. Ryan Scribner
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Are you Team Tesla, Team Nikola or Both? Comment Below!

2. Adam Sullivan

How is your NKLA investment working out for you? 😂

3. Yuri Nate
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Really? No one see's why these two go hand in hand? Nikola Tesla…

4. Jamal Miah

This aged well….

5. Tyler Richlie
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Hows that investment going? Looks like a fraud company to me selling vaporware.

6. lc

and the 1st major contract for class 8 truck goes to ….nikola up to 5000 trucks

7. Justin Ballew
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Aaaaand a month later Nikola is down to 34 a share. All the more reason not to speculate in these companies.

8. David W Hamilton
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I can’t believe you’re comparing these two companies
    What a waste of a video

9. Vince Lethal
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Which works better in cold to freezing temperatures, batteries or hydrogen fuel cells?

10. Fifi Finance
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Great video Ryan as always, I have a pretty rigorous checklist and while FOMO kicks in hard, it's a bit of a punt for me until they have produced revenue and scaling their business… though its good to be able to see the considerations both ways. My video on Nikola was pretty biased the other way eeek

11. M. B

Man sell that bullshit

12. imsrini

Hmmm, why is this even a question ? 😂
    Of course everyone's going to go with the guy that started the whole EV thing, has cars that pretty much drive themselves, has made rockets that go up, & come back down 👏
    It's almost as if Elon is an alien from a galaxy far, far, away, masquerading as a human 🤣

13. GV Media
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

down the road nikola and tesla will merge and become Nikola Tesla. Duh…

14. xavs
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Nikola will go to 0. It's a scam, a PowerPoint of a bad idea to start with. There's no way they will survive 3 years

15. Steve Givens
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Sorry Ryan. Did you not look at the fundamentals and the backgrounds of the principles?

16. agustinbs
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

When Trevor milton talks how he has outdo elon musk, and tesla is lagish behind nikola, is hard for me not arrive to the conclusión that this might be a scam or a total failure soon.

17. Jason
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Nikola is just too early to be in the market and it's definitely overvalued right now. I rather wait and see until Nikola has an actual hardware to show. However, I personally like Trevor's idea and believe the future is hydrogen over electric.

18. MAC Beats
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Awesome video! I like the break down I own both.
    Liked and subscribed! Thanks so much
    Can you do a video on NFIN?

Netfin Acquisition Corp. Announces Non-Binding Letter of Intent to Combine with Triterras, a Leading Fintech Company Focused on Global Trade and Trade Finance

Ticker: NFIN
    Warrents: NFINW
    Exchange:Nasdaq

Source link.

19. lulu minator

Still holding nikola?

20. Alan
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I'll be keeping my eye out for Nikola, but for now, I'm up 2000 with Tesla. Bought it at around 1000 a share, I shoulda done it earlier way it was drastically cheaper a couple of months ago, but I plan on keeping it there for the long run!

21. Senthil Kumar
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Well purely from a high risk gamblers mentality I would pick up NIKOLA stocks at 45 to 50 range and give it a go. I know it can be a disaster if the company fails completely but if it clicks the upside potential is exponential and we are talking about $400 or even more. However, TSLA is in a way better position generating huge income as we speak but all that is already priced in heavily at $1200 a share. Even if it grows, well may be $2000 a share by 2021 ? I would say we have lots of shares that can achieve similar results but NIKOLA can turn out to be a MULTI BAGGER and deliver huge results ofcourse with huge risk. So not those who are looking for safety first. In short I would like to gamble for a 1000% return on my money which doesn't look impossible if the company can deliver half of what they are promising in the next year or so.

22. Anonymous
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Congratulations to your gains! Again I am surprised after you did very well with Boeing stocks as well. Thanks for the research, much more info about NKLA now! Tesla was also using an external partner to build their first Tesla Roadster. They did it using the Lotus factory.

23. Jek
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Potential revenue of $10 billion until when? When they will fulfill that potential $10 billion? This is not just a snap of a finger.

24. Robert Weekley
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Wow! OK, just WOW! "offering Fueling Stations at $15-$20 Million at a Pop!" Again, "WOW!"

Consider that a Tesla Supercharger Station, is said to come in at just $250,000 each, and typically Installed 8 Stalls, and with V3.0 Supercharger's, offer up to 250 kW per stall, independently of the next one, for a Site total output of about a peak of 8 x 250, or 2 MW, and it's suggested that the Tesla Semi may have a 1 MWh Battery, so will need up around 1-2 MW Charging from its coming Megachargers, that leads us to about a cost per Megacharger of $125,000 to $250,000 per stall, installed!

So, maybe $1 Million for a 4 Stall Site with Megachargers, meaning a $15-$20 million Investment per H2 Nikola Fueling Station, if the same $ were used by Tesla, they could have 60-80 Stalls at one site, or Easily, 15-20 Sites, each with 4 Stalls!

So, with a Tesla Semi needing about 30 Minutes per Charge, of about an extra 400 miles Range, the theoretical max capacity of a Tesla 4 Stall Megacharger site, would be to turn about 8 Trucks per Hour, or a more likely number of about 6 per Hour! So, per 24 Hours, that's 6 x 24, or it could handle 144 Charging sessions per day! For a $1 Million Investment!

At $15-$20 Investment levels of this Nikola H2 Fueling Stations cost, noted in this message, Tesla could service 15-20 times that 144 Trucks, or over 2,000 Trucks per Day, "On the Road!" (Up to nearly 3,000 Trucks are possible, and even more, if the stops average just 15 minutes!)

So, Nikola, has to be able to service at least 1,000 Nikola Semi's, per day (since they are saying 1,200 Miles per fill, or about Twice the Range of the Optimistic Figures from Tesla, for its longest range version!), Just to be "Equal" on Infrastructure Throughput Value!

"iF" they can deliver the Trucks, AND manage such Throughput, good on them!

However, let's also remember, the Tesla Semi is designed as a "Day Cab", not as an "Over The Road" or Sleeper Truck, since it is targeting, per its own Reveal Information, the "80% of Daily Trips" that are (if I Recall, Correctly) "Under 250 Miles", so, won't even really "Need" "Enroute" Recharge Points, to start, for the most part!

To Service the Trucks Charging needs, at Depot's, they are envisioning a "Destination Charger" version, that doesn't need 1-2 MW per Stall, but can be fine with 140-250 kW output, for "Overnight Recharging!" These are, basically, just upgraded "Supercharger's" with a Different Interface or Plug!

As such, a "Fleet" of 8 Tesla Semi's, could be charged, overnight, at base, for a single $250,000 or so Investment! That comes out to, again, 60-80 such Fleet Customers, could be Fully Supported in their Charging Needs, for the cost of one Nikola H2 Fueling Station, with Zero On the Highway "Recharging Stops", especially, at the Launch of first Deliveries!

So, installing "On The Road" Recharging Stations, for the Tesla Semi, Could well easily only need 4-8 Charging Stalls, per stop, for the first 3-6 Years! And the build out of them, could be placed, at about 1 such Site, per 50-100 Tesla Semi's Delivered (depending on if it was a 4 Stall, or 8 Stall design)!

So, also, figure a worse case situation, if the 500 Mile Truck, attempting to do Long Haul (I don't suspect buyers would try that, with the 300 Mile Range Version), and say it needed charging up after just 250 Miles travelled! (Really Cold Weather, Open Flatbed with Construction Equipment loaded, Wide Load, Headwinds!) Placing a 4 Stall Megacharger at 200 Mile average Intervals, at $1 Million cost per site, means, a $20 Million Investment, Could service a "Single Route" with 20 Stops, or about 20 x 200 Miles, equalling 4,000 Miles, end to end, in the worst case needs! So, for just $100 Million, 5 Fully Supported Routes across the USA, for Existing Tesla Semi's, of the 500 Mile Range capabilities, Could Be delivered!

However, these Semi's are not "Planned" for all those "Long Haul" Activities! And, Tesla is also considering a "Long Haul Semi", for a Future Offering! This is obviously not talked about much, for two or three reasons:

1) They need these Day Cab Trucks, to show their Value, and to sell a few 100,000 of them, first!

2) Batteries suitable for a Long Haul Trucking Design, need to be developed, that can deliver at least 800-1,200 Miles Per Charge, which are not yet "Here" at a reasonable Weight or Cost!

3) Installation of the Megachargers needs to be sorted out, as in contractual agreements set, for enough routes, and Installations done, to show that it is a Practical Possibility, to use these new Long Range Semi's, for 2,000 to 4,000 Mile Trips, With limited inconvenience!

Benefit of the longer range Tesla Semi, will be fewer Megacharger Stops needed, to cover the USA, Mexico, & Canada, as well, as compared with trying to do such trips with the current offerings!

Because, with Long Haul capabilities, of at least 800 miles, it means that Megacharger Intervals can be greater, at distances of 400-500 or so Miles! That means, a 3,000 Mile trip run, only needs 5-6 such sites, to service it! Depending on Actual Truck Ranges, as bought by Buyers!

(*Edited, lots of Typos missed!)

25. Rebecca's Quest to FIRE
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I’d love to hear your thoughts on Hyliion. I bought a couple shares of SHLL this week myself. 😊

26. Money Journey With Sonny
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I like both, but I don't like the valuations and that's why I sold my shares. But, what I'm doing is sharing live trades 3 days a week of renting out stocks and collecting premium which are called covered calls. I've been achieving over 3% a month in the two months I started my your tube channel live trading. I'm only keeping my channel up until we achieve $1,000,000 dollars, which I'm on track to achieve this amount within 6 1/2 years from now. My objective is to create at least 1,000 new millionaires before I close my channel. Ryan, keep your videos coming out!

27. CrypTorito
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

It looks like a paid advert: trying to compare a scam with the market leader is too rich. C’mon…..

28. CyStonks

What about NIO?

29. castamir
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

To my knowledge, the scientist Nikola Tesla was not involved in any hydrogen fuel technology. It baffles me why the novelty truck company decided to name itself Nikola. The obvious answer would be that it wants to ride on the brand recognition of Tesla.

30. Kawika Carlson
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Bought into TSLA at 830 and will continue to add shares over the years for the long run. Buying NKLA at 60 and selling at 70, many times over…

31. Antonio AA
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I am team Tesla because they have products in the market now and have built a recognizable brand world wide. If you can make a review on stock SHLL, I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

32. Maxwell Müller
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I'm a fan of your content I really love watching them all, it's something I look forward every time. I hope we can connect and work together!

33. nemesis
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I don't think anybody thinks they are basically the same company, but perhaps its shows how little some investors know the area. Also the timeline now is extremely different that when Tesla came in when nobody took EVs seriously OEMs current lineups show) So much shorts eventually fueled revenue & helped TSLA in the long run too. Now all sectors are being approached, Within their own timeline Nikola may have a kind of competition that Tesla did not have while growing. Many companies are working to move into the space. With the Badger specifically the key lies in their batteries, if they are not good its another etron and ipace, cost and no return. It does worry me that they are so capital intensive and everything has to go right. As far as Hydrogen Toyota has worked so hard with FCV for years (FCV development started in 1992 with intensive funding) with a recent culmination of years of development in the Mirai released in 2014, 2019 they sold 1502 units in the US – mostly compliance with incentives – and 640 in Europe – 2019 / pre covid. They do hold a lot of patents too, but why no real impact mostly PR in all those years? If I was an investor in NKLA I would see what was up with Toyota there, they had the funding. I hold long time & solid position in TSLA and recently spec on Hyliion,

34. Cody Christie
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Out of what gate? The Badger has no deposits & no factory.

35. Cody Christie
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

You gambled on the acquisition. Not a skillful investment much as a your lucky other people on Robinhood are stupid.

36. artvin nd
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

One the 3. July Black Rock plans to sell 50 Million Shares of NKLA (from PIPE investors) soon as the market goes up shares prices will be in a free fall

37. Reno Agalliu
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Now we're waiting for a company named Edison

38. John Dinsdale
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Who is on the other side of these dreadful valuation, £20B for a shell company is beyond crazy?

39. Zhen Zhu

THERANOS ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Saikat Mondal

Drop the Shll video

41. Steve Blomefield
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

tesla has working semi's. Nikola does not. It's all promises. If you go for Nikola company [the horse] Nikola has no vehicles to sell. If you go for The jockey [trevor milton] he has never succeeded in running a company. At the end of the contract, tesla owners keep theirs. Nikola you have to give it back. tesla 6-10c per mile. Nikola contracted 95 c per mile. tesla has thousands of charging stations but Nikola has only one, with 5 being constructed that can serve 500 semi's.

42. Ahmed Yehia
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Both! I own TSLA & NKLA and a Model 3. Support innovation from both companies and looking forward for others like Lucid & Rivian

43. TEAMOT FKRI

Yes shll do it please

44. Wong Jeremy Yu En
    July 14, 2021 at 1:47 pm

The ONLY reason you should be in NKLA is for short term gains, anymore than that GLHF hahahah