Investing

The China Stock Market: US Trade War Breakdown and Top Chinese Stocks

the-china-stock-market-us-trade-war-breakdown-and-top-chinese-stocks

The continued rise of China was supposed to be one of the largest stories of the early 21st century — a rising middle class, double digit GDP growth, and a soaring tech scene…everything seemed to be coming together to create an amazing opportunity for growth.

Fast forward a few years and things have slowed down. The main Chinese stock market index is down over 40% over the past five years and even name-brand Chinese tech companies have taken a hit:

– Tencent is down over 30% from all-time highs
– Alibaba is down over 15% from all-time highs
– Baidu is down over 60% from all-time highs

The macro picture in China seems to have shifted, and the trade war with the U.S. has tangled an already complicated story, leaving investors to wonder: “What the heck is going on in China?”

In this video, we explain how the trade war and tariffs might impact Chinese companies and which Chinese stocks we like best.

————————————————————————
Subscribe to The Motley Fool’s YouTube Channel:

Join our Facebook community:
Follow The Motley Fool on Twitter:

1. The Motley Fool
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

If you have ideas for future live broadcasts, drop them in the comments section below, and if you want our investing starter kit, head over to Fool.com/Start

2. MissUndercove92
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

I invested in Tesla back in 2013, I was very much a bear. My reasoning was simple: Tesla was trying to do what no American automaker had done so far: Develop and sell a mass-market electric vehicle. It was trying to do what no American company had done in nearly a century: Start up a successful new auto manufacturing business. To take it a step further, I bought 40 shares from Tesla miners, investing about $1,800 in total with part of the proceeds from a 401(k) rollover. At the $908 per share price I sold at, that's a realized profit of almost $35,000! It's may not be life-changing money, but it's an incredible return nonetheless ,Now i am working with 3 asset Gold silver and crypto all are good , but Crypto Investment is the mother of them all , Crypto has followed this pattern for sometime now; It dips and gets everyone scared then after retesting an old resistance several times, we wake up one day to see it is bullish. This period is the perfect time to buy the dip and accumulate irrespective of the bulls being under pressure. Bitcoin moving up is inevitable and would see the price of bitcoin surpass it's all-time highs. The reversal was imminent because obviously, the bitcoin market needed a correction to gather the right momentum to give the bulls more steam and this just makes it the perfect time to invest and accumulate as much as possible. I'd strongly advise any newbie/traders to buy the dip for traders who are still wondering whether to enter the market or old time traders who are Holders to seek help from not just any trader but an established trading expert with at least 89% trade accuracy. I underwent a series of trading losses I'd best not talk about before I was introduced to trading analyst Mr Edgar Jenkin. My contact with him has been the Hallmark of this year for me, under his careful guide and his signal service I've been able to recover my losses and even grow my trading portfolio massively from 1.2 btc to 4.6 btc in just 5 weeks. I will advise traders esp newbies to have an orientation of trading before they get involved in it. Mr Edgar makes you learn daily while you make profit with his signals. He can be contacted ᴠɪᴀ whatsapp +447868802132 ᴏʀ ᴛᴇʟᴇɢʀᴀᴍ @EdgarJenkin for inquiries into profitable trading strategy…

3. james conorated
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

china is being put under sanctions in the near future theres a reason for that in 2013 they abolished 1 child policy. this is ur time. as sanctions sink in folks must boycott china also forcing the modernization of china not hardware software rather.
    boycott china

4. Zevion Gray
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Stellar Lumens, next stop, the moon!!

5. Wilfred Si
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

I blew my account multiple times trying to trade alone, the losses I incurred made me believe trading was actually a dead end not until I made 7 times on my trading capital in 3 weeks and with the market making large moves and the support and mentoring I got from Mr. Michael, a renowned financial analyst and trader. He made me learn to read and understand the language of price action rather than relying on lagging indicators with vivid explanations on a learner-friendly platform. So my advice, fine a mentor and also, try incorporating the use of oscillator, Bollinger and pivot points into your strategy, also move to higher TFs (4h or 1D preferably) Thank me later. I highly recommend him, the brain behind my success. Pursuing trades with him has put me on the path of greatness. Feel free to contact him if you've got a hard time getting hang of it on MICHAELFRANSWAY@gmail, I'm pretty certain he'll get in touch. I hope someone use this info too mitigate risk.

6. Rodolfo Vitangcol

Million Dollar Potential in Ruvol

I have invented a Board Game [still unpublished and not yet out in the market] that is guaranteed to be far more challenging and exciting than CHESS. I called it “RUVOL.”

Over time, Ruvol will surpass chess as the “Number One Board Game in the World.”

Why am I so sure about this? Because I am an avid chess player myself. The weakness of chess is it always starts in fixed positions that the opening moves become “memorizable.” In fact, not a few have so mastered the moves that they can play against their opponents “blindfolded.” It’s for this reason I invented Ruvol where every game is always challenging and exciting to play.

HOW IS RUVOL PLAYED?

Ruvol is played somewhat like chess. I purposely invented Ruvol to give chess a direct “apple-to-apple” competition.

Like chess, Ruvol is played by two players. It uses a board that is rectangular in shape but containing more number of squares than chess. Like chess, it has equal number of pieces on each side of the board, where each type of piece moves in distinct ways. However, if the way to win chess is to checkmate the opponent’s king, the way to win Ruvol is to be able to cross a designated line.

But there’s one biggest advantage Ruvol has over chess that makes Ruvol a very challenging game to play. What is this? Unlike chess, the Ruvol pieces are randomly placed at the start of every game which makes it impossible for any clever player to memorize the moves. Fischer Random Chess, also known as Chess960, likewise introduced a random set up, but with many exceptions. Ruvol is 100% random.

At present, there is no other board game in the world within the same category of chess “where chess players can switch to.” Chess is totally a monopoly in its class. With the coming of Ruvol, chess has finally found its match!

A MILLION DOLLAR POTENTIAL IN RUVOL

In my Google search, I learned there are around 800 million chess players in the world. These 800 million players comprise the “Total Potential Buyers” of Ruvol across the globe. At an average profit of just US$3 per set, the “Global Income Potential” of Ruvol then is US$2.4 billion. Assuming only 1% of it will buy each year, the annual global potential sale of Ruvol is US$24M.

I AM SELLING MY COPYRIGHT TO RUVOL.

For the reason that I don’t have the resources to publish Ruvol on a global scale, I find it “wiser” to simply sell my copyright.

If you’re interested to buy my copyright, email me your BEST PRICE OFFER—[the copyright goes to the most reasonable bid]. My email address is: rodolfovitangcol@gmail.com. [Or perhaps you can help me find a buyer, and I’ll reward you with a commission.]

Thanks and God bless!

RODOLFO MARTIN VITANGCOL
    The Ruvol Inventor

Early bird catches the worm!

7. Kent Ekasak
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Please do something like this every quarter..

8. Tetsu de Rothchild
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Repression conducted under the guise of “anti-separatism” or “counter-terrorism” remained particularly severe in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region (Xinjiang) and Tibetan-populated areas (Tibet). Authorities subjected Uighurs, Kazakhs and other predominantly Muslim ethnic groups in Xinjiang to intrusive surveillance, arbitrary detention and forced indoctrination.

LGBTI people faced widespread discrimination and stigma in society. Due to inadequate medical services, they took serious risks by seeking unregulated and improper gender-affirming treatments. LGBTI people also faced abuses in the form of "conversion therapy”.

Oh let me guess revoking one child policy is enough…

Boycott China or be part and parcel

9. AnthonyGL
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

WOW! "Bill" is soooooo annoying! Someone should tell him to…..use his inside voice.

10. Tetsu de Rothchild
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

China’s government sees human rights as an existential threat. Its reaction could pose an existential threat to the rights of people worldwide.
    More than any other government, Beijing has made technology central to its repression. A nightmarish system has already been built in Xinjiang, the northwestern region that is home both to some 13 million Muslims—Uyghurs, Kazakhs, and other Turkic minorities—and to the most intrusive public monitoring system the world has ever known. The Chinese Communist Party has long sought to monitor people for any sign of dissent, but the combination of growing economic means and technical capacity has led to an unprecedented regime of mass surveillance.
    Japan does the same. Blanket surveillance for all muslims.
    This is far away from the Geneva Convention.
    Boycott china today

11. Birdtube

YUM, BZUN

12. larry kendrick
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

American steel vs Chinese steel , just because a knife is made in the USA doesn't mean it's made from American steel, the best steel in the world. Example, my 50 Cal will fire thru a half inch steel plate made from Chinese steel, it will not fire thru the same size plate made from American steel. American steel has been shut down by the global government for a reason, it is to make America defenceless against Invaders. American weapons manufactured from nonAmerican steel are of poor quality, tanks for example.

13. Lorenz Müller

How about Yum China?

14. Roman Chukanov
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Great video. Did not realize this was a live stream. Thank you.

15. David Wheeler
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Do research on TGODF and find out when and who will provide financing for their build out. Thanks

16. Energy
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

unpresidented lol why don't you just say remarkable ROFL🤣 Is this a news report or are you going to tell anyone something they don't know…

17. Roxssani Whittembury
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

China grew based on their own efforts enhanced by forced transfer technology, IP theft, being given a 3rd world status at the World Trade Center (even today as the second biggest economy) and by not following any rules. So yes is impressive what they have been able to get away!!!!!

18. Tom Campbell
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

📈 Trade stocks and crypto on Robinhood – Join Robinhood and we'll both get a free stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint for free. Make sure you use my link:

19. Elio SB
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

that guy in blue with his “really” and “really” is super distracting. Just as a recommendation

20. dsong2006
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

what are some chinese hidden gem stocks which are fairly or undervalued right now?

21. Timothy Brace
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

I think it would help if, as an intro, the host would introduce the analysts and state (or have them state) why they're on the show. Being an "analyst" doesn't mean you know anything about Chinese stocks. Their knowledge emerged gradually through the video, but I think it's a good idea to present this information up front. Why should we think they know anything?

22. Yy 1416

Yang brand, baozun

23. joel
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Are you kidding me!!!!! 21:00 to 22:00 they are putting up disclaimers against China after promoting investing in them. Dont be sheep people, I'm going to keep my Morning Star subscription and not go with the 40% off Motley Fool. What a load of crap this video was.

24. joel
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

China grew the way the did at the expense of Americans. They are a dishonest communist country and dont forget it. They are no friends of Americans.

25. Geloradanan R'lyeh
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

China is making a big push into AI, biotech, and electric vehicles also. Their infrastructure spending is enormous. Check out what they have accomplished with their high speed rail system.

26. Time To Reflect
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

No Bill you are dreaming, corporate America and the C.C.P. has brought the impoverished Chinese into slavery.

27. Crash 2020

Been buying up Tencent

28. Investing Education
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Good share. Trade war has been a good time to buy more baba shares for my project 1 million portfolio

29. D De
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

is BGS stock going to 19 before the dividend?

30. Austin Heath
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

I found this discussion extremely informative and it really gave me some perspective as an American investor. Thank you for all your work!

31. Stock Market Investing

Awesome video and discussion! 🙂

32. Amir Kazemi
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

China HODL – tweets will kill your profits. PDD IQ Bili, YUM (yes, chinese) risk it for the biscuit==> bzun

33. Ben Klock

08:50 is Start. Thank me later

34. Let's Talk About Money
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

The female analyst was articulate, substantive, and very smart. The two guys were only talking heads …blah, blah, blah.

35. Rocking Finance
    July 15, 2021 at 4:38 am

Well, Ray Dalio says to buy China, so…totally gotta watch these!..